• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels select Janson Junk, release Jose Iglesias

BTH

I wonder what the corresponding move is and whether Junk is coming up to start or not.

Maybe they finally DFA José Iglesias? Otherwise, it's probably a pitcher being optioned. Tyler?

Ohtani is starting tonight and Suarez is starting tommorow. Maybe Junk is starting Sunday? But, Barria could start on Sunday with 4 days rest.

12 minutes ago, Trendon said:

I wonder what the corresponding move is and whether Junk is coming up to start or not.

Maybe they finally DFA José Iglesias? Otherwise, it's probably a pitcher being optioned. Tyler?

Ohtani is starting tonight and Suarez is starting tommorow. Maybe Junk is starting Sunday? But, Barria could start on Sunday with 4 days rest.

Peguero or Petricka seem like prime candidates too.

I think Tyler and Junk are going to stay up since they can 'start' or at least go multiple innings.

Edited by totdprods

Does anyone know whether the Angels can place players on the injured list in AAA (such as Griffin Canning or Taylor Ward) on the 60-day IL to clear a 40-man roster space?

Canning's out for the season, but he was optioned, got hurt in AAA, and then was placed on the AAA IL. He hasn't been placed on the 60-day IL yet, despite the Angels needing numerous 40-man roster spots lately, some I'm wondering if maybe that's not allowed? @Jeff Fletcher?

28 minutes ago, Trendon said:

Does anyone know whether the Angels can place players on the injured list in AAA (such as Griffin Canning or Taylor Ward) on the 60-day IL to clear a 40-man roster space?

Canning's out for the season, but he was optioned, got hurt in AAA, and then was placed on the AAA IL. He hasn't been placed on the 60-day IL yet, despite the Angels needing numerous 40-man roster spots lately, some I'm wondering if maybe that's not allowed? @Jeff Fletcher?

I am pretty sure that’s not allowed, although I’m sure the players would be fine with it because they’d get major league pay and service time. 

• mmc changed the title to Angels select Janson Junk, release Jose Iglesias
16 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Holy shit I didn't realize how bad Iglesias was this year. 

I don't blame Minasian for that. He was supposed to be Simmons-lite. And by all means he should have been.

Too much over shifting showed his lack of lateral ability and first step quickness. But, on the flip side, you will need an extremely fast shortstop to handle all of this over shifting like a Lindor... 

Simba got to a lot of baseballs that Iglesias couldn't ability wise. I also don't believe we over shifted this much last season? It's kind of the up and coming thing to do this season.

Also, why I believe our infielders are having more lower body injuries strains and pulls...Even Walsh is played 25 feet off 1st base. 

The only one who hasn't gone down is Fletcher he also has less distance to cover left because of the over shift off the 1st basemen! And he has a quick cross over.