• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels’ #1 target must be Max Scherzer

2 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

That's...That's an awful comparison.

How much did Ohtani cost?

Not sure what you are referencing...he chose the Angels for reason's other than the signing money.  It is a reminder that we don't know what motivates every player to sign with a particular team....except @Tank.....only because of his lunch meetings.

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Scherzer is not signing with Angels. He will use halos just like Bauer and Cole did to jack up price before he signs with Dodgers.

I’ve seen zero evidence the Angels were in on Bauer, that was all Mets.  That being said, I did want the Angels to sign Bauer.  I am glad they didn’t and will readily admit I was wrong.  

On 9/2/2021 at 2:05 PM, Taylor said:

Or Arte sells the team and the new owner who actually cares about winning and not pinching pennies until the day he dies will sign Scherzer.

I've got some bad news man. Whoever buys the team from Arte will also be a billionaire.

I'll give you some time.

35 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I’ve seen zero evidence the Angels were in on Bauer, that was all Mets.  That being said, I did want the Angels to sign Bauer.  I am glad they didn’t and will readily admit I was wrong.  

Well we had the 12 days of Bauer or whatever

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I've got some bad news man. Whoever buys the team from Arte will also be a billionaire.

I'll give you some time.

I am sure the next owner will be a billionaire.  But here is some bad news for you and the new owner.  The next owner will be paying 10 times what Arte spent on the team.  Billionaires don’t like losing money.  More than likely the next owner will take on debt, something Arte has never had to do.  I can’t imagine Arte will sell the land surrounding the stadium, so the new owner will be paying rent as well, something Arte never had to do.  So unless one of those crazy rich billionaires buys the team in cash and wants to feed his ego buy spending some money and keeping up with the Gugenheims then I think this is one of those cases where the grass isn’t always greener.