• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels farm system ranked 24th in mid season MLB Pipeline update

mmc

They're close for the wrong reasons.  The system lacks depth on the position player side of things from A through AA.  But I doubt that's why they have us 24th.  Perception is a big part but mostly it's a ranking of who's got the best top 10.  Where one or two players can make a huge difference.  Who has the ten best players in A+ or above.  So poor seasons from Adams make a big difference for these guys.  

I'd love to see someone compile a ranking that includes pre-arb players or maybe even first or second year arb guys.  Or even potential value for guys being paid under 5m.  

The status of various clubs greatly impacts whether players remain 'prospects'.  An arbitrary designation makes it seem like some teams have fewer good young players than other teams.  The Angels actually have a lot of good young players versus a lot of teams in my opinion.