• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dead Celebrities That Don't Warrant Their Own Thread

St1ck

On 2/4/2023 at 1:37 PM, St1ck said:

Melinda Dillon, mom in movie classics 'Christmas Story,' 'Close Encounters,' dies at 83
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/melinda-dillon-dies-83-christmas-story-close-encounters-obituary-013544018.html

Melinda Dillon’s ‘A Christmas Story’ co-star mourns her death, ‘fortunate’ to call her his ‘on-screen mother’

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/melinda-dillons-christmas-story-co-star-mourns-death-fortunate-call-her-his-screen-mother 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

https://ripbaseball.com/2023/01/27/obituary-sal-bando-1944-2023/

This was a couple weeks ago but I just saw it today. My baseball fandom started right at the time the As were winning 3 straight World Series and Brando was the captain of that team. Interesting fact, he finished top 5 in MVP voting 3 times and each of those times one of his teammates finished ahead of him. 

RIP Captain Sal

On this, the 59th anniversary of the Beatles first appearance on the Ed Sullivan Show we've learned the sad news that Burt Bacharach has died at age 94.
I believe that maybe only George Gershwin is a more profound American composer in the second half of the 20th Century... Burt had over 600 compositions spanning a 50 year career.He has had 70 Top 40 songs..When I had Burt on my talk show for PBS, he talked about Dionne Warwick,their stormy relationship..Barbara Streisand, the Carpenters, and all his great years with Hal David and some outspoken observations of todays''pop stars" with some surprising opinions. Burt grew up in Kansas City, though people thought he was a New Yorker. His father was first a men's clothing salesman, who later became a newspaper columnist.
Then the family moved to New York.In Manhattan, as a boy, Burt would take a daily bus for piano lessons and pretty much every day around 1 o'clock he'd take the same bus ride and see the same youngster(he was a bit older) looking over music sheets in another row.
The same boy was on the same bus everyday.
Burt was shy, but curious.
Finally, one day he got up enough courage to talk to the older boy.
''I see that you have music sheets..what do you do?", he asked.
The other boy said, "I take music theory lessons...someday I hope to be a conductor of the New York Philharmonic Orchestra." The younger boy nodded and smiled.
"Well, good luck to you. I want to someday compose music and write songs that people will sing. His parting words were “See you on top some day.”
Both boys saw each other often and would exchange comments about music...but never thought much of it. Turns out the older boy that Burt was talking to would see his dream come true.....because that older boy....was Leonard Bernstein!!
Burt Bacharach would rise to the top of course, as one of the greatest American composers of all time.
On this, the anniversary of the Beatles on the Ed Sullivan Show, I must note that the Beatles idolized Burt Bacharach as a composer, and recorded "Baby, It's You", one of Burt's songs, in 1963.
A giant has passed.
Burt Bacharach, dead at age 94.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:18 AM, Blarg said:

Tom Browning a pitcher for the Reds back in the 80's and 90's found dead in his home. 

I remember seeing a telecast of a Cubs game on WGN when the Reds were in town. Browning went across the street and sat with the fans on top of an adjacent apartment building, in full uniform.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 hour ago, fan_since79 said:

Richard Belzer, comedian and later star of Law and Order, 78 years old.

https://cbs2iowa.com/news/entertainment/richard-belzer-star-of-law-order-and-acclaimed-comedian-dead-at-78

Richard Belzer, 'Law & Order' star, dead at 78 | Fox News

"He had lots of health issues, and his last words were, 'F--- you, motherf---er,'" Scheft, a former writer for "Late Show with David Letterman," told The Hollywood Reporter of Belzer.

Lol

Friends mourn Tom Whitlock, Springfield writer of 'Danger Zone' and 'Take My Breath Away'

https://www.news-leader.com/story/news/local/2023/02/20/tom-whitlock-who-wrote-songs-for-top-gun-movie-dies-in-tennessee/69923305007/

Tom Whitlock, an Academy Award and Golden Globe winning songwriter from Springfield, died Friday in Tennessee following a battle with Alzheimer's disease, several friends confirmed.

Whitlock, who was born in 1954, was best known for writing the songs "Take My Breath Away" and "Danger Zone," which were both featured in the 1986 movie "Top Gun."

A Glendale High School graduate, Whitlock moved to California in 1983 with aspirations of hitting it big with his rock band. Instead, he found work as an assistant engineer in studios, participating in recording efforts for "Scarface" and "Beverly Hills Cop."

Whitlock teamed with Giorgio Moroder (who he met after fixing Moroder's car) for the "Top Gun" songs. "Danger Zone" was written to match the opening carrier-deck scene, but "Take My Breath Away" actually inspired the filmmakers to shoot an additional love scene to match the song, according to past News-Leader reporting.

"Take My Breath Away" won an Academy Award and a Golden Globe Award in 1986 for best original song.

Larry Lipscomb, Whitlock's friend and former Glendale classmate, said Whitlock was a quiet man with a big heart who leaves behind a large group of friends scattered across the country…

image.thumb.jpeg.933354f4e30fb9b857ef3af644271f76.jpeg