• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Dylan Bundy moving back into the rotation

mmc

12 minutes ago, stormngt said:

There sending Barria down again.  He isnt good enough.  Bundy is much better

Are they sending Barria down?  I'm assumed you were joking, but some of the responses make me think that I missed something.  I can't imagine that Bundy would take Barria's place unless Barria is hurt?  

1 minute ago, Hells Rainbow said:

Are they sending Barria down?  I'm assumed you were joking, but some of the responses make me think that I missed something.  I can't imagine that Bundy would take Barria's place unless Barria is hurt?  

The tweet in the OP is too vague to draw any sort of conclusions. It doesn’t even sound definitive to me.

22 minutes ago, Trendon said:

gotta guarantee at least 1 loss per rotation turn for the tank

Joe Maddon masterclass

Honestly… look how nice the minors start to look if we get another top 10 pick and our current prospects continue to improve. All the sudden losing Adell and 2 others doesn’t hurt as bad when it’s time to make a trade for the right player. 

1 hour ago, True Grich said:

This news is going to disturb, the otherwise peace loving, @fan_since79

Not at all. I perfectly understand the reason for it. 32 games in 32 days does a number on any starting rotation, especially one as unstable as ours, and with Ohtani out for who knows how long, it's a no-brainer decision. 

He's bound to have a good outing soon just on the law of averages.

I'm still at peace. Blessed tranquility in fact. 

3 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Not at all. I perfectly understand the reason for it. 32 games in 32 days does a number on any starting rotation, especially one as unstable as ours, and with Ohtani out for who knows how long, it's a no-brainer decision. 

He's bound to have a good outing soon just on the law of averages.

I'm still at peace. Blessed tranquility in fact. 

"Bound to have a good outing."  Nothing more needs to be said 

Might just be using Bundy to limit the innings of our valuable pitchers moving forward. I think it's pretty evident that Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers and Rodriguez are part of the rotation moving forward.

I'm assuming Suarez too, but another part of me loved what he did in relief and wonders if that's the better fit.

But that's five pretty solid young starters that you want to protect for the future. Bringing Bundy in to provide extra rest is smart, or even keeping Quintana around to limit them to 4 innings in September. The money is already spent, clearly neither of them have value to another team or a future with the Angels, might as well use them to protect the kids. 

But when it comes to Guerra or Cishek, dump those guys immediately and let some hard throwing prospects take their shot at getting big league hitters out. 

I imagine Bundy is just going to be a filler around all the young guys. They have like 2 off days in the whole month of August plus a doubleheader. Given the way they keep talking about being careful with innings given the 2020-to-2021 jump, I think Bundy is a useful filler to keep the workload spread out. 

9 hours ago, Second Base said:

Might just be using Bundy to limit the innings of our valuable pitchers moving forward. I think it's pretty evident that Ohtani, Sandoval, Detmers and Rodriguez are part of the rotation moving forward.

I'm assuming Suarez too, but another part of me loved what he did in relief and wonders if that's the better fit.

But that's five pretty solid young starters that you want to protect for the future. Bringing Bundy in to provide extra rest is smart, or even keeping Quintana around to limit them to 4 innings in September. The money is already spent, clearly neither of them have value to another team or a future with the Angels, might as well use them to protect the kids. 

But when it comes to Guerra or Cishek, dump those guys immediately and let some hard throwing prospects take their shot at getting big league hitters out. 

Are you assuming Barria gets banished again for sleeping with Arte's daughter?

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Are you assuming Barria gets banished again for sleeping with Arte's daughter?

I like that even though he’s made two starts in a row you are still defending his honor.  I had no idea you were Arte’s daughter.  You know cuz he’s sleeping with Arte’s daughter.  

Just now, Hells Rainbow said:

I like that even though he’s made two starts in a row you are still defending his honor.  I had no idea you were Arte’s daughter.  You know cuz he’s sleeping with Arte’s daughter.  

It was a joke made by second base in an earlier thread.  I was just throwing ot back in good humor.

17 hours ago, aznhockeyguy said:

If the Angels were going to tank, why didn't the team trade away anyone of value? 

The only ones tanking are Minasian and Maddon. 
Bundy should be dumped

Suzuki should also be dumped to give Ward some reps behind the plate

Barria should be in the rotation. The rotation should be:

Ohtani, Sandoval, Suarez, Detmers, Rodriguez, Cobb (when he returns), Barria-until Cobb comes back. 

It is unfortunate that there are no relievers to call up to replace Quintana and Bundy, Mayers and the rest of the Fire Squad. 

The team obviously isn’t going to win too many games the rest of the season so play the youngsters to get a feel for what to expect for ‘22. 

The rotation should be:

Ohtani

Sandoval

Barria, 

Suarez

Rodriguez 

Detmers

Keep Quintana and Bundy around to take a beating and to give the kids a rest. It is a shame that there aren’t and young pen arms to bring up.