• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels showing interest in Max Scherzer

mmc

So if the Angels are actually contemplating Scherzer and going after a Wild Card spot, they are in a position to be clever with the financials involved with Max's contract which has seven years of deferred money going out to 2028 ($15M per year from 2022-2028). They could be offering to eat more of that back-end money for a lesser return in prospects/players, which would probably intrigue the Nationals.

What I am trying to say is that if Arte is willing to go over the Luxury Tax threshold (which he has done, very minimally, before) and eat some of that long-term deferred money, the Angels could actually be seriously involved in this conversation.

Is it wise? I have no idea, I don't have access to all of the information that they do. I think if you polled everyone here, a lot would say don't do it, retool for next year. All of us are not Arte though. Curious to see what happens, but the Angels could make a provocative financial case with this particular player.

Edited by ettin

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Actually, this is true. The Riverside location off the 91 skus. It's a drive-thru only. I believe the other closest location is the one in Moreno Valley.

Dumbass, three weeks ago we opened one just a couple miles from the store you are referring to at the 91 and Van Buren

1 minute ago, Stradling said:

Dumbass, three weeks ago we opened one just a couple miles from the store you are referring to at the 91 and Van Buren

He's expecting his first child soon.  Give the guy a break.