• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

The official 2020 Tokyo Olympics

closing ceremonies are going on right now.

they took down the olympic flag and welcomed paris as the next host city. the stuff in paris was nicely done, including the playing of the french national anthem which included a saxophone solo from a french astronaut who'd currently in the ISS.

they still need to extinguish the olympic flame.

as an old guy, i'll tell you that it sucks that everyone has to stand around for all of this inside the stadium.

54 minutes ago, Tank said:

closing ceremonies are going on right now.

they took down the olympic flag and welcomed paris as the next host city. the stuff in paris was nicely done, including the playing of the french national anthem which included a saxophone solo from a french astronaut who'd currently in the ISS.

they still need to extinguish the olympic flame.

as an old guy, i'll tell you that it sucks that everyone has to stand around for all of this inside the stadium.

They don't have to go to the closing ceremonies. Most of the athletes from the first week events bail shortly after their event ends. Especially this year when they were isolated. 

On 8/8/2021 at 7:50 PM, St1ck said:

They don't have to go to the closing ceremonies. Most of the athletes from the first week events bail shortly after their event ends. Especially this year when they were isolated. 

i'm well aware of that. i was referring to the athletes that attended the closing ceremonies, which was far fewer than attended the opening ceremonies.

Among my friends, I heard a lot of griping about all of the attention that was given to beach volleyball, including multiple replays of matches. I finally learned what a peloton is (not the exercise bike - the cycling term). I could do without all of the X-Games sports that are showing up in the Olympics, though. What's next - cornhole and Texas hold 'em?

Apparently rugby is a big thing in Fiji. The men's team won a second consecutive gold medal. The women's team, well...frankly they looked like the guys. NBC had just shown the men's team receiving their medals, then switched to the Fiji-France game. When I saw the Fiji women, I swear that I initially thought that it was a replay of the men's gold medal game.

12 minutes ago, Tank said:

This is a beautiful story. Love things like this.

Remember when Olympics coverage was about good stories like this?  Just the story of her beating cancer and competing would have been compelling to watch.  Now it's all rah rah USA all the time.  Coincidence that their ratings are plummeting?