• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

Just now, Jason said:

To be honest, I don’t think the American public, from both sides has the stomach for anymore foreign conflicts 

I don't think so either. That said, while I don't expect any more nation building I think we will continue to see the US meddling in conflicts around the globe while trying best as they can to keep things quiet. If anything this probably just makes our continued operation in the middle east more expensive.

1 minute ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I don't think so either. That said, while I don't expect any more nation building I think we will continue to see the US meddling in conflicts around the globe while trying best as they can to keep things quiet. If anything this probably just makes our continued operation in the middle east more expensive.

Agreed 

23 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maybe, but also consider that Biden ked the faction (mostly just him) that wanted out in 2011.  Obama declined to follow his advice and deployed more troops.  Biden does have a history being for withdrawal going back to that time. 

Yes but his unwillingness to withdrawal gave us Hunter

16 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

So if we are still going to be spending the money to bring some freedom to some new people, what exactly was the point of leaving Afghanistan?

Saying we did? I’m not certain we’ll find a new place to get the war machine paid, but it’s kinda been the family business for awhile now. 

16 minutes ago, Jason said:

To be honest, I don’t think the American public, from both sides has the stomach for anymore foreign conflicts 

That’s a huge problem. I don’t want to be the worlds police but Americans have lost the concept of war. Kinda allows our politicians to enter endless police actions. I’m for being slow to enter war but quick to end it. We ended a major conflict with destruction the world had never seen. Instead of building on that we seem almost apologetic moving forward. The Middle East would look a lot different had we obliterated their asses years ago. 

1 minute ago, Kotchman said:

That’s a huge problem. I don’t want to be the worlds police but Americans have lost the concept of war. Kinda allows our politicians to enter endless police actions. I’m for being slow to enter war but quick to end it. We ended a major conflict with destruction the world had never seen. Instead of building on that we seem almost apologetic moving forward. The Middle East would look a lot different had we obliterated their asses years ago. 

This is pretty insane.

16 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

I don’t think so. We’ve spent billions of dollars and thousands of American lives playing grab ass with these fuckers. We could have sent them all to allah 60 years ago

I think the billions of dollars part (it’s trillions) is the point. This shit is a money grab and has been almost from the very beginning. If they can get people riled up to do it all over again through whatever means I’m sure the powers that be would love to do it all over again. I’d like to think the people of America wouldn’t fall for it again, and maybe we won’t next time; but we usually do.

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

As much as I think it's fair to say this was going to end up a clusterfuck no matter what, I don't think that excuses people from being blamed for it being a clusterfuck. 

That’s fine.  There’s always going to be fall out.  Of course there will be.   But is the mess a result of unique incompetence ?  Maybe.  At the pentagon. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

And above.

but mostly at the pentagon.  Someone had to be the one to yank the band aid off.  And I’m sorry.  It took political courage.  Biden is the man for this moment imo.  He’s at the very end of his political career.  There’s nothing beyond this.  He knows it.  So it didn’t take a ton of courage, but he took the hit and it’s what’s best for the country.  So *I* am willing to give him credit for that.  I’m not particularly fond of the him.  I haven’t commented in support of him at all and all of you guys that post on this board know that.  I’ve probably been more critical of Biden than any of the non conservatives here.  Anyway, I’m  sure people here will carry on pretending that I’m shilling for him.  That’s fine also.  

it’s probably the best thing he’s done in his entire political career. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Kotchman said:

I don't know who it was that said armies exist to destroy things and kill people, but we need to get back to that.