• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

US conducts drone strike against Islamic State ‘planner

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/28/us-embassy-in-kabul-warns-americans-to-avoid-airport-live

The United States has announced that it carried out a drone strike in eastern Afghanistan against a “planner” of an ISIL-affiliated group, a day after an attack outside Kabul’s airport that killed at least 175 people and 13 US troops.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/8/28/us-embassy-in-kabul-warns-americans-to-avoid-airport-live

The United States has announced that it carried out a drone strike in eastern Afghanistan against a “planner” of an ISIL-affiliated group, a day after an attack outside Kabul’s airport that killed at least 175 people and 13 US troops.

Hell has no fury like a scorned Sleepy Joe. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Hot Fuzz Shame GIF

6 hours ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

The hallmark of a dysfunctional organization.

Unfortunately our military is not competent enough to do the things our politicians have asked of them. They were either going to fuck up the leaving or continue to fuck up the staying. The less we ask of them going forward the better.

The United States military is a money laundering racket.  And tons of the money ends up being spent on useless platforms.  Don’t get me started on the carriers.  The f-35’s

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The United States military is a money laundering racket.  And tons of the money ends up being spent on useless platforms.  Don’t get me started on the carriers.  The f-35’s

That's not what I'm referring to. This is a separate issue from the military's ineffectuality. 

7 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

That's not what I'm referring to. This is a separate issue from the military's ineffectuality. 

They do go hand in hand imo.  My point is that the military does not function as a force meant to sustain and achieve martial objectives in even a mid term window.  Today it’s primarily a procurement monstrosity and that’s it.  All the brass is just waiting to get on the boards of these contractor companies and defense industry entities and get paid out.  Look up Dynecorp for some real fucked up shit.  It’s role in Afghanistan is a perfect example of how this works.  Dynecorp paid out incredible amounts of money directly from the United States government to train and maintain the Afghan Air Force.  Well today we know they didn’t do any of that shit at all ! You and I both know nothing will ever come of that.  Lol those people belong in prison.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

It really is in a lot of ways. Now it’s not the soldiers fault. It’s crazy all the red tape that gets involved over simple supplies needed for training yet billions are handed out with no real over sight. From the service contracts to uniforms there is a politician or general getting paid 

3 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

It really is in a lot of ways. Now it’s not the soldiers fault. It’s crazy all the red tape that gets involved over simple supplies needed for training yet billions are handed out with no real over sight. From the service contracts to uniforms there is a politician or general getting paid 

Not blaming the soldiers.  And yep see my next post.  And I’ll make minor quibble with your post.  It’s not just red tape.  It’s literal graft. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

12 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

It’s not that we lack the capabilities but leadership doesn’t play to win. Wars aren’t a humanitarian effort. It’s ugly and brutal. Now we significantly lack training due to covid protocol but the long term problem is woke culture. For years we have had alpha males who don’t mind a good fight. Over the last 12 years we are replacing those guys with woman and gays. Nothing against either group but neither are adept  at fighting 

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Not blaming the soldiers.  And yep see my next post.  And I’ll make minor quibble with your post.  It’s not just red tape.  It’s literal graft. 

Trump had good intentions but he implemented a strategy of no micro purchases from China or any company that primarily deals with China. The result was additional paperwork just to buy a damn pen that everyone knows is a skill craft American made item. Contracts are a real ass pain for basic services at the local level while we spend billions on contracts approved by politicians with no legitimate review.