• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

1 minute ago, Jason said:

That’s a good point. Probably a lot of it 

Which begs the question of how pointless we knew it was to arm them over the last twenty years knowing the potential of what could happen to it. 

Afghanistan truly was a no win situation. 

5 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Taliban offered to turn Bin Laden over and step down from power.  The ghouls in Washington wanted a war.  It was never about anything other than wanting a war. 

Some truth to that. We waited to take Bin when it was politically advantageous 

9 hours ago, Blarg said:

I have to wonder if any of the aircraft that wan't small survelience craft, were left with any avionics in place. Without the proper flight crew and maintenence our top aircraft is basically a museum piece. 

Yeah, the aircraft arent a huge deal. The vehicles arent either, really.

All that ammo is, though.

I wonder if Massoud Jr is really going to kick it off.... and if we support him....

8 hours ago, Jay said:

Some stuff might be worth money if the Chinese or others want to reverse-engineer it.

Off the top of my head, the only thing they have that wed worry about is the blackhawks.... and even then, theyre old now... im sure the chinese already know all they need to about them.

The rest were provided by other countries. Many of them russian helos already.

If anything, id worry more about the armored vehicles. The metalwork. Be a good way for bad guys to figure out better IEDs

8 hours ago, Lhalo said:

It was. It should have always been surgical strikes and special forces but the Bush/Cheney crew saw an opportunity when America was pissed and sent in the MIC.

Meh.... it was like that in the beginning.... the truth is we fucked up by going into Iraq.... and forgot about Afghanistan.

Taliban was smashed by early 2002... they just hid out in Pakistan. 

We never had enough people there at the right time.

Essentially, to the point youre making, if getting AQ was the reason, it should have been done as you said.

Beating the Taliban was possible..... IF we got the Paks to work w us.... which they were never going to do

16 hours ago, True Grich said:

Problem here. What exactly are we going to do if that happens?

We have no airfields left there.... wed have to make a new one, and drive in from there.

Airstrikes? Perhaps.... but hit what really? We cant bomb Kabul. We cant bomb any other city the Taliban has taken, just for payback. And I think I read all the bases we had in the upper stans are gone now, too.

So whatever we fly in wont have a whole lot of time to stick around, because of gas. And theres not a whole lot to hit with bombers...

From a tacrical view, were kind of screwed.....

Also. Who will grant us oberflights for combat now? Iran...Pakistan?.....

We shit the bed on this, badly.....

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Problem here. What exactly are we going to do if that happens?

We have no airfields left there.... wed have to make a new one, and drive in from there.

Airstrikes? Perhaps.... but hit what really? We cant bomb Kabul. We cant bomb any other city the Taliban has taken, just for payback. And I think I read all the bases we had in the upper stans are gone now, too.

So whatever we fly in wont have a whole lot of time to stick around, because of gas. And theres not a whole lot to hit with bombers...

From a tacrical view, were kind of screwed.....

Also. Who will grant us oberflights for combat now? Iran...Pakistan?.....

We shit the bed on this, badly.....

Yeah it’s done. Whatever happens there now the Biden administration is going to have to live with their decision. It will be interesting to see how far others like Russia and China are going to push things to see how the US responds 

12 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The Taliban offered to turn Bin Laden over and step down from power.  The ghouls in Washington wanted a war.  It was never about anything other than wanting a war. 

Some of this I remember. Other details I forgot about. Especially the Taliban offering to try Bin Laden themselves. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2001/oct/14/afghanistan.terrorism5

26 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Muslims only have a 1400 year history of terror. 

Have the radicals been around since the beginning? Legit question, as I'm not sure. I know that Muslims were on the cutting edge of science and education at the turn of the previous millennium (1000 AD), but eventually the fundamentalist version of Islam won out in the Middle East.