• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

7 hours ago, Lhalo said:

Shelter in place? Those people are totally screwed.

this is the egregious part of how this was handled. the embassy people and civilians in country should have been evacuated weeks ago, and well before the military was drawn down. this is completely unacceptable.

i'm glad they're sending troops back to make the evacuation goes better now, but it shouldn't have come to this in the first place. 

30 minutes ago, cals said:

They should make a reality show where people in America that force other people to call them special pronouns have to live in Taliban Afghanistan for a month.

Pretty sure we’d be getting a lot of fucking apologies from they/them after a fortnight.

I'd watch that.

3 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Looking at all the AR’s, M4’s and ACOGS going to this 3rd world shithole makes me want to completely disregard all weapons laws enforced here in the US. There is more I could type but who knows what kind of pre-crime nonsense this government will impose on us in the future. 

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Looking at all the AR’s, M4’s and ACOG’s going to this 3rd world shithole makes me want to completely disregard all weapons laws enforced here in the US. There is more I could type but who knows what kind of pre-crime nonsense this government will impose on us in the future.

This post is so Second Amendment, you posted it a Second time.

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Exactly what it is.

Not sure which “exactly” you’re getting at, but both of them sound correct. The Taliban probably want nothing to do with attacking that airport, and that was likely true before this “deal”. Attacking that airport right now is the only way they could possibly lose what they’ve already won. Let the US fly out whoever they want/can over the next few days, then go back to having won the country back in the end. It’s an easy strategic decision.

1 minute ago, Don said:

Not sure which “exactly” you’re getting at, but both of them sound correct. The Taliban probably want nothing to do with attacking that airport, and that was likely true before this “deal”. Attacking that airport right now is the only way they could possibly lose what they’ve already won.

Plus there’s pallets of cash on the way to Bagram. 

Just now, Don said:

For real?

Do you think the Taliban are sitting on the civilian side of the airport because they have sympathy for the refugees? They are straight getting paid not to attack right now. They own that place and our government is paying the rent. We are Stu falling down the stairs in Coming to America.

Just now, Lhalo said:

Do you think the Taliban are sitting on the civilian side of the airport because they have sympathy for the refugees? They are straight getting paid not to attack right now. They own that place and our government is paying the rent. We are Stu falling down the stairs in Coming to America.

Ok. I just assumed it made sense for them because they’d rather not have the ever living fuck bombed out of them after they’ve won.

Just now, Don said:

Ok. I just assumed it made sense for them because they’d rather not have the ever living fuck bombed out of them after they’ve won.

How could they get bombed? They’re in the cities with the rest of the population. Unless the military is willing to go scorched earth and kill both Afghan citizens and Americans there’s nothing they can do. 

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

How could they get bombed? They’re in the cities with the rest of the population. Unless the military is willing to go scorched earth and kill both Afghan citizens and Americans there’s nothing they can do. 

Assuming it would be more of a clear the perimeter around the airport thing. We’ve got some surgical MFers.

"So I’m left again to ask of those who argue that we should stay, how many more generations of America’s daughters and sons would you have me send to fight Afghanistan’s civil war when Afghan troops will not? How many more lives, American lives, is it worth? How many endless rows of headstones in Arlington National Cemetery?"

-- Sleepy Joe