• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Race to oblivion ! Afghanistan vs. South Vietnam edition

Collapse !  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Which pathetic puppet entity will collapse faster !?

• Afghanistan
    • South Vietnam (fell approximately 2 years after withdrawal of US forces)

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

The woman has a son who is an Afghanistan war vet, and she made the point that vets feel like everything they did was for nothing. 

I can understand that, but it's naive to think that the "War on Terror" ever had any legitimate noble intentions. The soldiers were made pawns in Cheney and co.'s scheme to build wealth at the cost of American and Afghani lives.

People tend to forget the frothing insanity of the aughts. It was a crazy time culturally.  I understand people who early on were accepting of the war.  I don’t agree with the thought “I’m going to enlist for freedom” and all that goes with that.  But I understand how people ended up there.  Of course there’s also the insidious nature of how they recruit people.  Poor people.  People from the collapsing middle class that need military benefits so they maintain some semblance of the life they grew up having.  Anyway.  I understand that.  I have to say tho.  I don’t think I have ever talked to a troop or heard a troop speak who was in Afghanistan or Iraq and had the sense that “this is good” “it’s good we’re here and it’s right” anyway.  So to hear lamenting about the waste or whatever.  <shrug> 

moreover.  Even if you want to completely accept that feeling of waste.  So what ? Do we just keep doing this failed endeavor? Making new fail memories for new people.  When does she think it’s time to cut the cord ?

Edited by UndertheHalo

6 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh look.  The rights most powerful brain has made a determination. 

Hey Ben, who was it that wanted to invite the Taliban to camp David to conclude negotiations ? Who turned loose thousands of Taliban fighters per the agreement made? 

Why are you so angry 

17 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Oh look.  The rights most powerful brain has made a determination. 

Hey Ben, who was it that wanted to invite the Taliban to camp David to conclude negotiations ? Who turned loose thousands of Taliban fighters per the agreement made? 

In Ben’s defense he criticized Trump for his dealings with the Taliban 

55 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

That’s the thing with these wars.  There’s always some new horror to discover.  This coming to an end is good.  It’s good with no caveats.  It was always going to be humiliating when it ended.  Who cares. 

The difference is we don’t play to win anymore. Nobody regrets fighting japan 

8 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm on your side here. But this is a shit situation.

Unfortunately this is going to give the right all they need for the next 4 years.

This fuck up for Biden is going to be long lasting.  Be serious, did anyone really think Biden was running in 2024.  I left the GOP just because of the crazies and now it is going to be chock-full of Q fucking nuts from here on out.  The likes of ChickenLittle_since79 will be perfectly fine with that. 

1 minute ago, Crampknees said:

This fuck up for Biden is going to be long lasting.  Be serious, did anyone really think Biden was running in 2024.  I left the GOP just because of the crazies and now it is going to be chock-full of Q fucking nuts from here on out.  The likes of ChickenLittle_since79 will be perfectly fine with that. 

You'd be surprised how many of those we have here. A few of them just don't post in the political forum. 

14 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

I'm on your side here. But this is a shit situation.

Unfortunately this is going to give the right all they need for the next 4 years.

I’m just saying.  Im not particularly convinced that there was a “right way” to do it.  It’s a tear the band off situation.  It was going to be a mess no matter what. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m just saying.  Im not particularly convinced that there was a “right way” to do it.  It’s a tear the band off situation.  It was going to be a mess no matter what. 

There probably wasn’t a perfect way to do it, but starting the evacuations like a month ago seems like it would’ve been a good idea.