• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Angels recall Hoyt, DFA Strickland

mmc

7 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

Maybe the Rays will claim him, effectively trading him for himself...shades of Harry Chiti and John McDonald.

and he'll go right back to putting up that 1.xx whatever era he had with them too.

probably not.

5 hours ago, eligrba said:

If Minasian keeps up with this piss-poor performance, he will also have plenty of time to spend on his family vacation.

he's not going anywhere for at least another two years, and i'd have to think three or more. i'm not advocating for his removal. he's the guy they hired and you have to give him time to do his job, for better or worse.

this organization has a cancer that has yet to be killed, until then i don't see long term health in the prognosis.

maybe we'll get that pre-death rally that happens so often. fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, eligrba said:

If Minasian keeps up with this piss-poor performance, he will also have plenty of time to spend on his family vacation.

It is now hard to evaluate GMs from the Angels. They have had so many in the past 10 years and all suck or do they? Can all these guys be failures or is Arte the problem?

I was surprised the Angels DFA’d a guy with a career 3.30 ERA after being bad for 6 innings. 

Also, one of the two baserunners he allowed in his final game was a broken bat hit. Just so happened that guy (and the guy he walked) came around to score after he was out of the game.

59 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I was surprised the Angels DFA’d a guy with a career 3.30 ERA after being bad for 6 innings. 

Also, one of the two baserunners he allowed in his final game was a broken bat hit. Just so happened that guy (and the guy he walked) came around to score after he was out of the game.

He's also a guy with a 4.53 ERA, 4.94 FIP, and a WHIP of almost 1.5 since the beginning of 2018. Doesn't really matter what his career ERA if he hasn't really been all that effective over the past 4 seasons. 

16 hours ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

It had to be the 15 baserunners allowed in those 6 innings.

Granted, Cishek went through similar issues in April, before pitching well in May.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:13 AM, Mark PT said:

It is now hard to evaluate GMs from the Angels. They have had so many in the past 10 years and all suck or do they? Can all these guys be failures or is Arte the problem?

As you guys keep blaming Arte for the last ten years, remember he is the guy who owned the team 2003-2009 as well.

24 minutes ago, stormngt said:

As you guys keep blaming Arte for the last ten years, remember he is the guy who owned the team 2003-2009 as well.

Yes true but during that time he had a good pitching rotation that was already established from the previous regime. He has yet to build a good pitching rotation since being here. Is it his fault, I dont know. That was what I meant in the last comment.

On 6/8/2021 at 9:45 AM, Jeff Fletcher said:

Minasian in tough spot, if they are at 500 or few games above at trade deadline. What to do with Heaney, Bundy, Cobb, Iglesias, and Watson? Trade or lose them,7 or more games back I think they get traded.

29 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Minasian in tough spot, if they are at 500 or few games above at trade deadline. What to do with Heaney, Bundy, Cobb, Iglesias, and Watson? Trade or lose them,7 or more games back I think they get traded.

All of them for Pujols. Sorry, had to.