• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Brewers (3/18/2021) - Heaney on the bump!

Chuck

59 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

Lagares 0-3 today with 2k. Taylor Ward 1-1 with rbi. Ward now hitting 375 with a 500 obp. Everyone maybe putting Lagares on team to soon.

It would take a miracle for Ward to make the team over Lagares if both are healthy.

Ward has options, Lagares does not. Lagares plays elite outfield defense - that's what they need, not a guy who can play everywhere. They have backups for the infield in Barreto. They have two catchers.

If you think this is about one game or even their overall batting average in Spring, you're delusional. Unless Lagares gets injured or if he had totally bombed at the plate all Spring (which, obviously, he didn't), he was the likely option due to his defensive ability which was always the prime consideration. Honestly, Jay might've had a better shot than Ward simply because they can stash Ward.

6 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

It would take a miracle for Ward to make the team over Lagares if both are healthy.

Ward has options, Lagares does not. Lagares plays elite outfield defense - that's what they need, not a guy who can play everywhere. They have backups for the infield in Barreto. They have two catchers.

If you think this is about one game or even their overall batting average in Spring, you're delusional. Unless Lagares gets injured or if he had totally bombed at the plate all Spring (which, obviously, he didn't), he was the likely option due to his defensive ability which was always the prime consideration. Honestly, Jay might've had a better shot than Ward simply because they can stash Ward.

They need someone who can play right field and hit lefties. Not sure if Ward can, he hasn't really had much of a chance, but Lagares can't hit. We'll probably see Walsh in RF against lefties, but that forces Pujols into the lineup. 

I guess it's kind of a self fulfilling prophesy... Pujols taking up a spot on the roster means we can't carry the guy that could keep Pujols out of the lineup.

1 hour ago, Pancake Bear said:

We will see, add Lagares need to drop man from 40 man roster same in adding Faria. See how rest of spring goes. They do have backups in INF and 2 catchers but RF is very weak. 

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

They need someone who can play right field and hit lefties. Not sure if Ward can, he hasn't really had much of a chance, but Lagares can't hit. We'll probably see Walsh in RF against lefties, but that forces Pujols into the lineup. 

I guess it's kind of a self fulfilling prophesy... Pujols taking up a spot on the roster means we can't carry the guy that could keep Pujols out of the lineup.

4th OF needs to be able to play CF if the CF gets hurt. If they have a legit CF backup playing everyday on the corners, the 4OF can be picked for other reasons. Upton and Fowler are not CF at this point. That's why Lagares will be on the roster.

6 minutes ago, Angels 1961 said:

We will see, add Lagares need to drop man from 40 man roster same in adding Faria. See how rest of spring goes. They do have backups in INF and 2 catchers but RF is very weak. 

They obviously see Fowler's clubhouse presence as more important than his on-field skills. Also, they don't to block RF because they're assuming Adell or Marsh could be promoted during the season. But yes, RF is very weak at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

They obviously see Fowler's clubhouse presence as more important than his on-field skills. Also, they don't to block RF because they're assuming Adell or Marsh could be promoted during the season. But yes, RF is very weak at the moment.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Marsh ends up being the best RF option by June or so. I think Adell will be a good major league hitter eventually, but I think Marsh ends up being the best option for the team this year at least.

5 minutes ago, Pancake Bear said:

St Louis could not give Fowler away fast enough. Clubhouse presence is important but give me the better player. Pujols and Fowler could drag this offense down. I hope I'm wrong.