• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

GameDay Thread: Angels @ Giants 2/28/2021

jsnpritchett

7 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or he can listen to reason and not double down on his naive opinion.  

Because it's not something you agree with. You are not all knowing. In your mind, maybe you are but in reality, you know about as much as the rest of us. Your obsession and being so sure about Cole signing with the Angels comes to mind. You were posting like you had inside info and I am just glad you didn't bet your house or a lot of money on Cole signing here. That's how sure you came off that Cole was signing with the Angels. You admitted you were wrong but that doesn't take away the fact about how sure you were about your opinion. It won't be the last time you are wrong either.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Because it's not something you agree with. You are not all knowing. In your mind, maybe you are but in reality, you know about as much as the rest of us. Your obsession and being so sure about Cole signing with the Angels comes to mind. You were posting like you had inside info and I am just glad you didn't bet your house or a lot of money on Cole signing here. That's how sure you came off that Cole was signing with the Angels. You admitted you were wrong but that doesn't take away the fact about how sure you were about your opinion. It won't be the last time you are wrong either.

Yep, I was wrong about Cole.  Whether I agree with you or not has nothing to do with this opinion of yours.  It has to do with how really ignorant it is.  If he doesn’t have a better career than Justin Upton then he is a disappointment.  So if he isn’t among the top 5-10% of players to ever play the game, he is a disappointment.  If you can find any logic in there you are better at this than me.  

5 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

With all due respect, nobody has every compared Jo Adell to Mookie Betts. He has never been hyped as such. 

He's a top prospect who may or may not become a solid major league player. There's been so many drafted in the top 10 and one of the top 3 prospects in baseball that never really reached their full potential. 

If we're lucky we'll get a Preston Wilson or Justin Upton out of him, but we very well could see Adell become a Lastings Milledge, Joe Borchard, Delmon Young, Josh Vitters or Dustin Ackley as well. 

Chuck, we have been burned over the years with talked up prospects like Wood which we could have traded for Cabrera(a total 24 year old stud at the time and now is a guaranteed HOFer). When was the last time a talked up "can't miss" prospect on the Angels actually turned out to be as advertised? I can only think of Trout. I am just fed up most of our prospects not living up to expectations or simply being mediocre or just plain bad. Adell is the latest prospect of ours that we could have traded away to get a PROVEN big leaguer that will help the team NOW and we have passed on it. I need Adell to be the real deal and actually be as good as people are saying he is. Upton's career bWAR is only a 34 right now. If Adell is Upton's age with a bWAR less or equal to Upton's, that is a disappointment for me.

3 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Chuck, we have been burned over the years with talked up prospects like Wood which we could have traded for Cabrera(a total 24 year old stud at the time and now is a guaranteed HOFer). When was the last time a talked up "can't miss" prospect on the Angels actually turned out to be as advertised? I can only think of Trout. I am just fed up most of our prospects not living up to expectations or simply being mediocre or just plain bad. Adell is the latest prospect of ours that we could have traded away to get a PROVEN big leaguer that will help the team NOW and we have passed on it. I need Adell to be the real deal and actually be as good as people are saying he is. Upton's career bWAR is only a 34 right now. If Adell is Upton's age with a bWAR less or equal to Upton's, that is a disappointment for me.

You're completely missing it dude. 

Take the L and move on.