• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hanford Guy's Hijacked Memes Thread

nate

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tank

• Vegas Halo Fan

• HanfordGuy

• Redondo

hilarious07.jpg

Apparently the photo was taken while she watched.

crashoccurred.jpg

The FAA doesn't want to jump to conclusions yet, but they have their best people working on this.

mqdefault.jpg

Stop me if you have already heard this story.

lenoraccoon.jpg

Here, kitty, kitty...

funny-newspaper-headline-8.jpg

Looks like they're trying to think of one right now. And kudos to the copy editor, who was right on top of things as this went to press.

f023e42ec0915c867262e5cadb896e78.jpg

And you thought that there was no good news anymore.

funny-headlines-aug-1.jpg

If this happened more often, there would be a lot fewer frustrated guys.

funny-headlines-3.jpg

Top anatomical experts explain this mysterious find. Film at 11.

Funny-Newspaper-Cover.jpg

Identification ought to be fairly easy.

Funny-News-Headlines-10.jpg

Used caskets. There is a market I hadn't considered.

funny_news_headlines.jpg

Hey, that's serious business.

witnessprotection.jpg

If you see this guy, he's someone else.

headlines-gone-wrong-funny-awful-9.jpg

Go figure.

headlines-3.jpg

And you thought that science was dead.

weird-and-funny-newspaper-headlines-and-

If it were just that simple.

whitewaterfarting.jpg

Lewis and Clark. Cross country flatulence.

40-ca-senate-women3.jpg?w=529

The rest said "Call me Caitlyn."

leno-1-300x258.jpg

Life and Leisure seems like a good spot for the obits if you ask me.

10.jpg

They're getting married next month.

r-CNN-ISIS-FLAG-GAY-PRIDE-600x275.jpg

I suppose that is one untapped recruiting resource.

Southern Canada is quite beautiful in some places.

I have only visited the maritimes (apart from airport stops in Toronto and Montreal) since my family is in Newfoundland. Quite an underrated place for tourism and sightseeing.

NEWFOUNDLAND-AND-LABRADOR-site.jpg

StJohns.jpg

My favorite place in St. John's, Signal Hill with Cabot Tower at the top. This is the location where Guglielmo Marconi received the first trans-Atlantic wireless signal in 1901.

essay-avalon-peninsula-newfoundland_2659

Cape Spear, the easternmost point in North America. In the gift shop you can buy a certificate that says that you went to the point, turned your back to the sea and faced every person in North America. I have done that, and I have the certificate.

j9ylvb.jpg

The Avalon Peninsula is also famous for iceberg sightings. This is Fort Amherst, on the opposite side of the naturally-sheltered harbor from Signal Hill in what is collectively called The Narrows. There is a small neighborhood, a lighthouse and what remains of a World War II artillery battery. My grandfather said that they had to string up submarine nets across The Narrows during the war, otherwise German U-boats could have sailed right into downtown St. John's.

image.jpg

Another view of The Narrows, looking east from downtown with Signal Hill on the left, Fort Amherst on the right and an iceberg just outside the harbor. St. John's is the closest city to where Titanic sank. My grandfather was 12 years old when the ship went down, and he had vivid memories of what went on. Every year on the anniversary of the sinking, a Canadian C-130 flies out to the spot of the sinking and drops a wreath into the sea. The icebergs that go past the coast break off of glaciers in Greenland and drift south past the east coast of Newfoundland.

another-rainy-day-in-the-city-l.jpg

Colorful row houses in St. John's.

tp-confederation-bldg-20110.jpg

The Confederation Building, the seat of provincial government for Newfoundland and Labrador. My grandfather derisively referred to it as "Rogues Roost".

Screech_02.jpg

One of the island's most famous exports, Newfoundland Screech rum. It is allegedly named for the reaction of foreign sailors the first time that they drank it while in port. It is at once the smoothest and most potent rum I have ever tried. It is available only in the maritime provinces of Canada and in two or three states in the extreme northeastern US. You can become an honorary Newfoundlander by going into a pub and participating in a "Screeching In" ceremony, by drinking a shot, kissing a cod and speaking some local slang.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan