• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Hanford Guy's Hijacked Memes Thread

nate

• Replies 15.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tank

• Vegas Halo Fan

• HanfordGuy

• Redondo

26 minutes ago, IEAngelsfan said:

54e607b89ab37027689ec419df4be0bf.jpg

Anyone remember this McDonald's menu from the early 70's?

Yup, I used to buy 3 cheeseburgers for a little over a $1.

No computer cash registers, we had to total all orders on paper and add tax. Every register had a tax table but after a couple weeks I never had to look it up unless it was some crazy large order. 

We had chutes for the different burgers, two for big Macs, three for hamburgers, two for cheeseburgers, one for each quarter pounder, a fillet of fish and special orders. During rush hour there was always a back order for Big Macs and you had to camp the chute to make sure you got one. 

2 hours ago, Lou said:

no chance, he's black.

Nebraska's first black football player, George Flippin, played halfback from 1891-1894.

Alabama's first black football player didn't suit up until 80 years later. 

A common assertion is that integration didn't come to Alabama until they encountered USC and Sam "Bam" Cunningham in 1970. Cunningham ran for 135 yards, scoring two touchdowns in a 42-21 beat down. The comment was that Cunningham "did more to integrate Alabama in 60 minutes than Martin Luther King did in 20 years." 

19 hours ago, Blarg said:

No computer cash registers, we had to total all orders on paper and add tax. Every register had a tax table but after a couple weeks I never had to look it up unless it was some crazy large order. 

We had chutes for the different burgers, two for big Macs, three for hamburgers, two for cheeseburgers, one for each quarter pounder, a fillet of fish and special orders. During rush hour there was always a back order for Big Macs and you had to camp the chute to make sure you got one. 

I worked at one of the last In N Out’s that didn’t have registers.  So we took all the orders by hand and we had calculators and of course had to add the tax.  It didn’t take long to get to where you didn’t need the calculator to add up the orders or the tax.  Then late night, the last couple of hours we didn’t even write down the orders and the cooks would cook by memory.  You’d go home and couldn’t fall asleep because your brain was still too active.  I remember many times being home and about to fall asleep and remembering that I forgot to put pickles on a burger.  

On 11/17/2018 at 8:33 PM, IEAngelsfan said:

54e607b89ab37027689ec419df4be0bf.jpg

Anyone remember this McDonald's menu from the early 70's?

Yup, I used to buy 3 cheeseburgers for a little over a $1.

I remember when Taco Bell first came around and I could buy tacos for 29 cents each... I'd eat six of them back in the day.