• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Official 2013 US Open Thread

Who is your friend, Gavin?  Keep posting; I think it's a great story!  You should roll with him to one of his tournaments if you get a chance.  That would be a blast to see how the week goes for a pro, and you might even get to play some golf with some other pros.

I'm rooting for Stricker now too.  I have Horshel and Donald left on my fantasy team.  I'm impressed with Tiger this week.  Playing (and not withdrawing) in obvious pain is showing me that his character is growing, and he understands his role in the game (to play with maturity, and as a role-model).

His name is Bi O (on the leader boards they spell it Bio) Kim.  I played a lot of junior golf with him a while back.  He's always been a phenom.  Two years ago he made it to the tour through Q-School and was the youngest player on tour, but has struggled since then.

As for Merion he said it was the hardest golf course he's ever played.  TV doesn't do it any justice, which is usually the case because you can't really see the elevation changes when watching through the tube.

My other friend was caddying for him and couldn't believe how nice Stevie Williams was for the last two days.  It has definitely made me rethink my preconceived notions towards him.

Overall, Bi O said it was a great learning experience and looks forward to more majors in his future, he's only 23.  I told him that he better make the 2019 US Open (it's at Pebble that year).  It was a cool story and I hope this is a building block for him.

There was an article about the most hated players by their peers for each sport about four or five years ago. Phil was the most hated in golf. They listed reasons from how much different he is on camera compared to off camera to him wing horribly cocky/ a d*ck to many of the players.

One of my best friends is the head of networking and technology for all of the retail shops/restaurants at UCSD.  A few years back Mickelson was there to do some presentation to business students and they were having some trouble with the laptop that had the Powerpoint presentation on it.  Mickelson's people brought the laptop to my friends office, that he shares with the help desk people and asked for help.  He told them that he doesn't do help desk but would call the manager of the department who was somewhere nearby on campus.  It was a Saturday so there weren't many people around to help.  About five minutes later Mickelson burst into the office and started yelling at his people and then my friend for not fixing the problem.

His people went into sorry mode and calmed him down and got him out of the office telling him they would fix it.  Few minutes later the head help desk guy came and gave them a laptop to borrow for the presentation because theirs wasn't working and things went fine.

My friend said Mickelson was such a dick, calling people names and demanding things like he was the most important man on the planet.

My friend had no idea who he was since he is not a golf fan.  Just that he was there for a speaking engagement.

For the first time in my life I was rooting for Phil. He probably is a total dick. I've heard and read all the same things. However, I respect competitors who are all in for winning. This entire year has been all about the majors for Phil. You can tell that winning is all he cares about at this stage. Money and everything else is taking a backseat. 

6-time runner up. Ouch