• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Brad Hand ?

11 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Take a closer look at those peripherals.   

He posted a career worst GB rate of 26.5, down from over 42%, and yet managed not to allow a HR.  His BaBip allowed was .255.  Those seem like hard results to replicate.  More importantly (IMO), he managed those numbers while pitching exclusively in the AL and NL Central, home of 9 of the 12 worst offenses in all of MLB. 

The CWS were the only team in either Central division with even a league average offense and they got to him.  I don't think he's done but his numbers last year aren't as good as they may seem at first glance

Which is why the Nats made sense, getting to pitch in that pitcher friendly park?

Edited by Angel Oracle

• 7 months later...
Just now, Hells Rainbow said:

so pick him up for the remainder of the year in hopes he regains form and then would be an extension candidate?  hmm

I mean, I guess? Doesn't seem worth the hassle, since he'd still cost about $2M for the rest of the season and I'd much rather see guys already in the org get some exposure.

2 minutes ago, Hells Rainbow said:

so pick him up for the remainder of the year in hopes he regains form and then would be an extension candidate?  hmm

Yup. And they apparently pursued him after he was non-tendered last year, so they at least had interest in him.

He might not return to dominance, but if he was at least solid again it would pair well with Iglesias if they re-signed him and offer another late-innings arm with some closer experience.

2 hours ago, jsnpritchett said:

I mean, I guess? Doesn't seem worth the hassle, since he'd still cost about $2M for the rest of the season and I'd much rather see guys already in the org get some exposure.

If they DFA'd him then the Jays are responsible for whatever he's owed above the prorated league min.  But yeah.  no reason to pick him up right now.  If they think he's worth a flier then just grab him next year.  He's only 31 this year so it's not like we haven't seen relievers regain their form at that age.  

31 minutes ago, Junkballer said:

At the time of his signing it didn't appear that they would be playing there much, if at all.

Not true. On 7/16 the Jays announced they would be returning to Toronto at the end of July.  They acquired Hand on 7/29.