• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

My Plan..

Chuck

My bad.. I'm not in my right state of mind. 

Not sure anyone is.  This is crazy.  I think it is more crazy to get angry at Scioscia, Dipoto, and Moreno, though.  Nobody thought this would happen.  For good reason.  It was a longshot.  They are only a few days removed from winning 10 out of 12 games, too.  Baseball can be wacky.  

At this point we should 60-day DL Pujols. give his foot some reason time to rest and maybe we'll still be able to get some production out of him in a future season.

This. I don't know if he needs rest or surgery but he needs to stop playing. I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the 60 day DL very soon. This team needs the healthy Pujols back. Not this "Ghost Pujols" as AO calls him.

Not sure anyone is.  This is crazy.  I think it is more crazy to get angry at Scioscia, Dipoto, and Moreno, though.  Nobody thought this would happen.  For good reason.  It was a longshot.  They are only a few days removed from winning 10 out of 12 games, too.  Baseball can be wacky.  

Oh I'm not really angry at any of the three, but I do want some action. Closed door meetings are fun to speculate about as fans, but we've rarely seen any fruit come from them, expect after Adenhart's death in '09, but most of the players took charge and were motivated for Nick that season. 

If tonight doesn't provoke clubhouse tables and chairs to be turned over, voices raised from one of (Sosh, Dipoto or Arte), then NOTHING will. 

Definitely in favor of DLing Pujols and calling up Calhoun to take his ABs with Trumbo moving to almost entirely 1B duty(which is what he's best suited for anyway). Don't know that Calhoun is anything more than a 4th OF/starter on a bad team, but Pujols isn't doing anything with his ABs.

Don't really care about Matt Long eitherway.

Oh I'm not really angry at any of the three, but I do want some action. Closed door meetings are fun to speculate about as fans, but we've rarely seen any fruit come from them, expect after Adenhart's death in '09, but most of the players took charge and were motivated for Nick that season. 

If tonight doesn't provoke clubhouse tables and chairs to be turned over, voices raised from one of (Sosh, Dipoto or Arte), then NOTHING will. 

I just don't know what they can do.  They are not going to the playoffs without production from Pujols and Hamilton.  I can see one..... if things break their way, but then Shuck or Calhoun would have to do well...  the staff would have to do better than expected.   I also don't know what good throwing chairs does.  It may.  It may not.  In Hamilton's case, his at bat in the 9th is what he needs to do more often.... but he hasn't done it in a year.    It is scary.   

Indeed, there needs to be a shift. But I don't believe it needs to be overly drastic.

My dare to:

Pujols to the DL (15 day minimum, perhaps 4 weeks and reevaluate). Trumbo to 1st. Call up Calhoun.

Hamilton to the 3 hole. Yeah, crazy, but it's time for crazy.

Callaspo back to the 15-day. He's clearly not 100%. Bring up Jimenez.

Keep the pitching staff as is unless there is a quality arm to be had at the deadline.

And for crying out load, will someone on the roster (Manager and coaches not included) please stand up a lead within the club house!

Leave the chairs alone. They're the only thing performing as expected.

Not at the time. It was their inaugural season and they played at old Mile High Stadium, where they regularly drew 70k. Coors Field (and the brewery) opened in 1995.

Ha.  Even less fair, then.  Baseball starved area in a massive park... and a novelty.   I love Coors Field.  Especially when the Angels play well.... which is often.  They are 9-2 in Colorado. Haven't lost there since 1999.  

When you don't have any talent in your farm system then you shuffle some deck chairs and go full throttle into that iceberg. 

Bring up Calhoun and give him plenty of abs. Let him lead off. See if he can hack it.  If he can, Bourjos becomes expendable and you trade him in the offseason for a starter. 

Otherwise, do the following until and at the deadline assuming they don't make a miraculous turn around which they won't.

Let Blanton continue to start.  If he does well, trade him at the deadline.  If not, release him.

Trade Vargas at the deadline if you can't get him to sign a reasonable deal.  like 3/30. up to 4/48 but even that is a stretch.  He's gonna be 31 to start 2014.

Dangle Kendrick and Aybar.  Preferably Kendrick.  If you can get their replacement at AAA and a A or AA pitcher with upside then do it.  I doubt that's the case, but someone might bite.  I say preferably kendrick because if he goes, you still have Lindsey.   Don't trade both.  You can't have an entire new MIF next year.  

Let Albert get his surgery and call up CJ.  See what he's got.

Give Conger 3/5ths of the starts.  If he can hack it, Trade Ianetta in the offseason for a controlled pen arm.

Trade downs at the deadline for a controlled AAA pen arm

Winning in 2014-2017 will depend on Pujols and Hamilton doing well.  If you do the above you are still ok for 2014 if those guys do well.  If they don't, Trade the one of Aybar or Kendrick that you didn't trade.  Get an arm and a replacement at AAA.  

Trade Hanson

Trade Callaspo

Sign a free agent SP. 

Wash, Rinse, Repeat in 2016 with Wilson, Frieri and Jep.  Maybe Weaver if it gets really bad.

Continue to give the team a chance to win if Albert and Josh can get their act together in any given year. 

Pujols is right around where he was with his batting stats last year at this time. Problem is he can barely walk this year. That PF isn't getting any better. DL time.

Yeah, but last year he was riding a hot May at this time and going up.  Now he's going down.