• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Kamala Harris

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

And the religious leaders of the time thought salvation should only be available to ethnic Jews.

very true.

1 minute ago, Taylor said:

Jesus including all Gentiles in his salvation plan was the reason he was crucified.

i think it was one of the reasons. He was upsetting the order of the way the church leadership was doing things. but they also wanted Him gone because He was a threat to their church structure (healing people on the Sabbath, forgiving people for their sins, reluctantly claiming to be the Messiah, and so on). I don't think it's fair or accurate to paint His death on just one thing. 

7 minutes ago, Taylor said:

He advocated for women, the poor, the marginalized, and immigrants, which was extremely unpopular in the early ADs. Maybe almost as unpopular as it is today.

What he didn’t do was condone sin. We all fall short , the continued to cleanse ourselves and overcome our failures through Grace and understanding is what separates. Your view simply adjust the moral standards to your view and says I am who I am , deal with it God. Repentance is important. 

43 minutes ago, Taylor said:

What if my interpretation of Jesus turns out to be the correct one?

Then I will apologize for being foolish enough to believe the scripture was accurate

7 minutes ago, mmc said:

Then I will apologize for being foolish enough to believe the scripture was accurate

He like most churches today want a religion based on idolatry that allows for social acceptance. I can t judge his soul. I can simply say that I had to fight to give up skirt chasing and alcoholism. I still struggle with my temper, language, and wondering eyes. In his world , I should just say heck with it and do it all cause Jesus made me that way. 

6 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

He like most churches today want a religion based on idolatry that allows for social acceptance. I can t judge his soul. I can simply say that I had to fight to give up skirt chasing and alcoholism. I still struggle with my temper, language, and wondering eyes. In his world , I should just say heck with it and do it all cause Jesus made me that way. 

I can certainly understand why many Christians fall into the trap of thinking you need to adjust your religious ideals to suit the way the society we were born into operates, but if you actually put some thought into what that really means it's very easy to see why that doesn't work.  If everyone woke up tomorrow and decided abortion and gay marriage were reprehensible acts, would the Taylors of the world start believing so as well?  Because if they would then that just proves their religious beliefs aren't based on anything other than trying to conform to today's world

5 minutes ago, Amazing Larry said:

Maybe in Judea and Syria. Pretty much nowhere else on planet earth. 

You're quoting me, quoting Taylor. 

And...Taylor was referring to the area where Jesus had his ministry.

1 hour ago, T.G. said:

That's not being progressive. 

And he didn't come to simply "advocate" for them.  He came to save them.  To save all of us.

1 hour ago, Taylor said:

And the religious leaders of the time thought salvation should only be available to ethnic Jews. Jesus including all Gentiles in his salvation plan was the reason he was crucified.

Big if true

1 hour ago, Tank said:

very true.

i think it was one of the reasons. He was upsetting the order of the way the church leadership was doing things. but they also wanted Him gone because He was a threat to their church structure (healing people on the Sabbath, forgiving people for their sins, reluctantly claiming to be the Messiah, and so on). I don't think it's fair or accurate to paint His death on just one thing. 

There was no such thing as Church in those days, that was entirely an invention of later Christian beliefs. There was a Rabbinical order that existed in Temples with it's own hierarchy. 

23 minutes ago, mmc said:

Considering this is a Christian nation founded on Christian ideals, the two pretty much go hand in hand

There is a private God forum that is rarely used. You should ask @Chuck for the golden key to unlock the gates. Then you can expound upon your beliefs without interrupting a conversation about Giggles McHarris.

4 minutes ago, Blarg said:

There is a private God forum that is rarely used. You should ask @Chuck for the golden key to unlock the gates. Then you can expound upon your beliefs without interrupting a conversation about Giggles McHarris.

I'm in there, there's been many times where I've been tempted to start a thread in there but ultimately decided not to since I figured no one would ever read it with how barren the forum is

Just now, mmc said:

I'm in there, there's been many times where I've been tempted to start a thread in there but ultimately decided not to since I figured no one would ever read it with how barren the forum is

If you build it (a thread), they will come @mmc.

10 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You know almost all the opinions expressed are backed by scientific theory , religion, or humanism. Yet you only oppose one. 

14 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

You know almost all the opinions expressed are backed by scientific theory , religion, or humanism. Yet you only oppose one. 

We also reject witchcraft.