• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/29/nyregion/michael-cohen-trump-russia-mueller.html

Michael D. Cohen, President Trump’s former lawyer and fixer, admitted in court on Thursday that he had engaged in negotiations to build a tower in Moscow for Mr. Trump well into the 2016 presidential campaign, far later than previously known.

Mr. Cohen said he discussed the status of the project with Mr. Trump on more than three occasions and briefed Mr. Trump’s family members about it. He also admitted he agreed to travel to Russia for meetings on the project.

Is this still a witch hunt?

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Who here said it was a witch hunt?  

On 8/21/2018 at 3:18 PM, Lhalo said:

The witch hunt is the Trump/Russia collusion nonsense.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:52 PM, Jason said:

I'm in no way a Trump nutswinger but this does look like a witch hunt.

On 4/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, Jason said:

I'm fine with them charging him (or anyone else) if they find criminal activity but it does appear that this investigation is a witch hunt

On 4/9/2018 at 3:23 PM, Jason said:

I thought Mueller was brought in to look for Russian collusion. It just validates Trump barking about this being a witch hunt.

On 10/30/2017 at 8:14 AM, fan_since79 said:

Mueller’s assignment is to investigate Russian meddling in the 2016 election. He indicts Manafort for money laundering that occurred in 2012.

Witch hunt.

On 5/11/2017 at 8:35 AM, Thomas said:

I certainly wouldn't think these two ideas are mutually exclusive. If you did actively collaborate with the Russian government it would be advantageous to do the witch hunt. I do doubt there will be much found that positively proves the collusion. Because

1. The Russians are too smart to directly talk to the Trump campaign. The Trump campaign probably would be that dumb but Russians are pros at this.

2.  Even if the Russians did have to directly talk to them they most are likely good enough to hide their tracks. 

There will be clues certainly but a smoking gun seems unlikely. 

And yes, a sitting POTUS using their power to actively persecute political enemies in an attempt to help cover up illicit activity would be in the completely horrific category.

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So three people (I don't think thomas was saying it was a witch hunt).

Big numbers.

Come on.  You can do better than that.

You forgot about the search function (also known as the Lou function) and in five minutes he gave you complete answer to "who said it was a witch hunt?"

4 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Come on.  You can do better than that.

You forgot about the search function (also known as the Lou function) and in five minutes he gave you complete answer to "who said it was a witch hunt?"

I'm pretty sure that is what was done.  Which is why Thomas was in there even though that isn't really what he was saying.

10 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I wouldn't call it a witch hunt.

However I will say that I think it's extraordinarily unlikely that evidence will surface of actual collusion between the Russian government and the Trump campaign to influence the election.

So, close.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/11/former-trump-aide-michael-cohen-admits-lying-congress/577003/

In a Manhattan federal court on Thursday, President Trump’s longtime personal lawyer Michael Cohen pleaded guilty to lying to Congress about the timing of his negotiations to build a Trump Tower Moscow in 2016, and how often he discussed the deal with Trump during the campaign. The guilty plea is the first Mueller has secured that is related directly to Trump’s business dealings—and may be just the tip of the iceberg in the ongoing investigation of business deals involving the Trump Organization and Russian financiers, inside and outside the Kremlin.