• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

26 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is anecdotal.  I just assume that OC republicans would never, ever vote for Hillary and since she won the OC, then that would be my guess.  (Which is why I said guess)  

No death match needed.

I have a hard time believing someone who otherwise enjoys the benefits of living in the OC are going to leave because of politics.  I have a hard time thinking someone is heading out because Dana Rohrbacher is no longer their rep.

When California decided to tax wealthy individuals even more a few years back, I thought we'd see visible top earners leave in droves.  I haven't seen any evidence of this.  In fact, I can't believe how many athletes (high salaries) I see without playing for a team here live here, at least part time.  LeBron had a house here, before he played with the lakers.  Tom Brady, Sharapova, Mayweather, etc.

Phil Mickelson bitched about the taxes.  He stayed.

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

You are assuming that it is Republicans voting Democrat.  

My guess is that Republicans are simply leaving California.

The CA Dems have successfully implemented their voter suppression strategy and it's clearly worked.  When people aren't given the opportunity to vote for anything but a democrat candidate (for Senate for instance), they just stay home.

I recall someone here posting a story of a firm that was started to move conservatives to their own little Texas oasis a few years back. 

the über-millionaires can afford the taxes and high cost of living.

btw, since then, Mickelson sold one of his SD mansions and purchased residences in Arizona, West Virgina, New Jersey and Scotland. 

I remember reading an article that pointed out after the 2012 election a lot of the real high earners weren’t leaving because their income is tied to CA. Lebron has his own media or production company which is one reason he has a house here and wanted to play in LA. Brady and Mayweather are loaded and have properties all over. You know their income comes down to nexus and they get credits for taxes paid in one state from another.  They can afford the top tax firms and reduce their tax liability to the full extent of the law.

Michelson bitching about taxes in CA is like Rosie O’Donnell saying she would move to Canada if Trump got elected - all talk. I think a lot of the people who have left are middle class they aren’t multimillionaires who have more houses than I do pairs or shoes. 

Haha, yeah, I'm sure he 'purchased' a residence at the Greenbriar in WV.

Greenbriar people: "Hey Phil, can you do some spots for us extolling the virtues of living in bumbfuck... wait, beautiful West Virginia?"

Phil: "F*ck No"

Greenbriar people: "We'll throw in a place for you.  Just for a two minute spot"

Phil: "Done"

Let me know when he's picking up his kids from school in Az, WV, or Scotland.

39 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I have a hard time believing someone who otherwise enjoys the benefits of living in the OC are going to leave because of politics.  I have a hard time thinking someone is heading out because Dana Rohrbacher is no longer their rep.

When California decided to tax wealthy individuals even more a few years back, I thought we'd see visible top earners leave in droves.  I haven't seen any evidence of this.  In fact, I can't believe how many athletes (high salaries) I see without playing for a team here live here, at least part time.  LeBron had a house here, before he played with the lakers.  Tom Brady, Sharapova, Mayweather, etc.

Phil Mickelson bitched about the taxes.  He stayed.

Well, that was a decent portion of why I moved.

And Phil Mickelson is a really bad example.  he can afford anything.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

I remember reading an article that pointed out after the 2012 election a lot of the real high earners weren’t leaving because their income is tied to CA. Lebron has his own media or production company which is one reason he has a house here and wanted to play in LA. Brady and Mayweather are loaded and have properties all over. You know their income comes down to nexus and they get credits for taxes paid in one state from another.  They can afford the top tax firms and reduce their tax liability to the full extent of the law.

Michelson bitching about taxes in CA is like Rosie O’Donnell saying she would move to Canada if Trump got elected - all talk. I think a lot of the people who have left are middle class they aren’t multimillionaires who have more houses than I do pairs or shoes. 

The people who have left feel more of a solidarity with the klansman of an Idaho.

3 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Exactly.

5 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

Then why'd he bitch about his taxes?

Some of the wealthiest people I’ve come across are the biggest whiners and cheapskates. Most of them forgot what it’s like to be middle class or below and some of them never knew a life like that. Talk about the epitome of first world problems. 

6 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Some of the wealthiest people I’ve come across are the biggest whiners and cheapskates. Most of them forgot what it’s like to be middle class or below and some of them never knew a life like that. Talk about the epitome of first world problems. 

I find it so selfish of people.  The things that this country has given us.... the sacrifices, the real sacrifices people have made before us...

Yeah, i get it that taxes are inefficient, and that so many times, things they go to are wasteful...  But jeez, that people's lives practically revolve around the lowering of taxes, when in actuality they live such a bountiful life, even with paying these taxes.

I find these people so petty, so selfish.  So contemptible. 

6 minutes ago, yk9001 said:

I mentioned specifically Phil because he has bitched about paying too much in California taxes.

Did you try to vote yes on prop 6?  The one that was going to stop the extra 19 cents gas tax?  I guess I don't understand why it is abhorrent to not want to hand over my money to the worst possible people with an agenda that I do not agree with and oh, by the way, they are extremely bad at handling said money?

Personally, I know that I can help more people with my money than the government can with my money.

I voted yes for 6 and no for W, the LA County impermeable water tax.

I lost on both, but I my life's decisions don't revolve around the stupid taxes.  I would have liked a repeal on 6, but I'd also like a 20 minute commute home.  Oh well.

There are people, hell I am sure there are people on this board, who if given the choice, wouldn't pay a single penny in taxes.  Yet they suck up the resources like the rest of us.  I'd love to peel back the veneer and see what's going on in their lives, what government resources they are sucking up.

Just now, yk9001 said:

I voted yes for 6 and no for W, the LA County impermeable water tax.

I lost on both, but I my life's decisions don't revolve around the stupid taxes.  I would have liked a repeal on 6, but I'd also like a 20 minute commute home.  Oh well.

There are people, hell I am sure there are people on this board, who if given the choice, wouldn't pay a single penny in taxes.  Yet they suck up the resources like the rest of us.  I'd love to peel back the veneer and see what's going on in their lives, what government resources they are sucking up.

I will pay usage fees any day of the week.  I just think the federal income tax is wrong.  State taxes are what they are.  You can move.