• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

40 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So what you are saying is that Trump is a crook?

this is precisely what makes me laugh. the dems are constantly trying to point this out as if it's some grand revelation. they express their (mostly faux) outrage until a new shiny thingy appears somewhere else. 

25 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Well, he apparently could have broken campaign finance laws with this act of crookery.

Should we just ignore this?

No, but could someone explain how this is worse than what Gore did with the Chinese?    Regardless, I am torn about campaign finance laws.  On the one hand, the obscene amount of time and money spent on campaigns is disgusting.  On the other hand, people should be able to donate to what they want (even if it is stupid)

30 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

No, but could someone explain how this is worse than what Gore did with the Chinese?    Regardless, I am torn about campaign finance laws.  On the one hand, the obscene amount of time and money spent on campaigns is disgusting.  On the other hand, people should be able to donate to what they want (even if it is stupid)

He agrees 

5759BC79-C748-4DEA-80C9-6392D2280F56.jpeg

We have plenty of arsonists and accidental arson as well but many of these fires are caused by downed power lines. It is no wonder they pop up during high winds. In 2015, fires started by electrical lines and equipment burned more acres in California than any other cause. 

But we shoot ourselves in the foot here in California, utility companies don’t get to decide how much line they install underground; that matter is regulated by the Public Utilities Commission, in order to “protect consumers,” “safeguard the environment,” and “assure Californians’ access to safe and reliable utility infrastructure,” according to the organization’s stated mission. 

Of course that commission could be following the power companies lead since it costs 5 to 10 times more to run underground lines than hanging them above ground. The costs would be in the billions which goes directly to the consumer in a state that already pays 41% more than the national average for baseline power. 

If Trump wants a solution, there isn't one because some fires are acts of God from electrical storms. If he's willing to see a large reduction then fund the power grid being changed to put all BLM power lines underground. 

There's a controversial theory that the forest service's prompt response in putting out fires caused by lightning strikes is adding to the problem by not allowing Mother Nature to trim the forest. Vegetation builds up beyond the normal ecological balance intended by nature. These natural, not man-made, fires have been happening for thousands of years. Unfortunately, more and more people have moved deep into these areas and a lot of homes have been built, so the firefighters have no choice but to put down the fires. 

The unnatural thing is people moving into the forested and hilltop areas and setting up communities. It is what it is. Maybe more controlled burns is an answer? I don't know.

34 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

There's a controversial theory that the forest service's prompt response in putting out fires caused by lightning strikes is adding to the problem by not allowing Mother Nature to trim the forest. Vegetation builds up beyond the normal ecological balance intended by nature. These natural, not man-made, fires have been happening for thousands of years. Unfortunately, more and more people have moved deep into these areas and a lot of homes have been built, so the firefighters have no choice but to put down the fires. 

The unnatural thing is people moving into the forested and hilltop areas and setting up communities. It is what it is. Maybe more controlled burns is an answer? I don't know.

One of those article I posted above talks about that and how different agencies have different approaches to dealing with fires

Trump just says stupid shit.  That’s all it is.  FS79 makes a fair point about where people make their homes.  I mean, if you build your house on the coast in Florida, it’s possible you’ll have to deal with nature etc.  The fires are bad for a lot of reasons.  Not least of which is the ongoing water scarcity issue.  We have tons of very dry foliage all over the state.  Another thing Trump very weirdly made up some bullshit about in the past.

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Honestly, Trump's statement may have been stupid but I don't think it was a jab at the survivors or firefighters. I took it as a threat towards the elected officials here.

Outrageous whatever he meant.  What grounds does he have to threaten California ?  California produces more tax revenue then any state in the union,  not that it matters.  It’s just more of the same bullshit.  He “threatens” blue states because they aren’t his people.  He’s a piece of shit as always. 

Also, as always he’s horrifically ill informed.  The man doesn’t give a shit about learning about California’s problems.  He’ll blame anything other then climate change.  Which is a primary driver behind this. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

The man doesn’t give a shit about learning about California’s problems. 

seeing how the libs keep voting in their people, it sure seems as if they don't care about California's problems either. 

<insert faux outrage>