• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

19 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I like how this is some kind of determiner of what happens in 2020.  The dems got destroyed in the 2010 midterms and Obama still won re-election easily.

I suppose that it depends upon the magnitude of the swing. The president's party, regardless of who it is, tends to lose seats in the midterms. The degree of that loss may or may not be a referendum on the president. Many people tend to see their representative or senator as not being part of the problem (I know for a fact that mine are, but I digress). Despite a dismal approval rating for Congress, most of the men and women who comprise it will return.

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

I suppose that it depends upon the magnitude of the swing. The president's party, regardless of who it is, tends to lose seats in the midterms. The degree of that loss may or may not be a referendum on the president. Many people tend to see their representative or senator as not being part of the problem (I know for a fact that mine are, but I digress). Despite a dismal approval rating for Congress, most of the men and women who comprise it will return.

Yeah, I guess that is my point.  Many are hanging their hat on this election.  At best it will put a wrench into some of Trump's plans but it also gives him an excuse too.  What is funny is that he really hasn't done that much via congress and that is the only place they can stop him.  

48 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yeah, I guess that is my point.  Many are hanging their hat on this election.  At best it will put a wrench into some of Trump's plans but it also gives him an excuse too.  What is funny is that he really hasn't done that much via congress and that is the only place they can stop him.  

He has been so far to the right that even people in his own party balk at some of the suggestions - especially when they hear from voters back home. IMO this is going to cost Dean Heller his Senate seat tonight. He eventually sided with Trump after voting three times not to repeal ACA. He has also been recorded saying other things that he could not support - until Trump leaned on him.

Not many political ads make me laugh, but this one did. One of the best produced ads I have ever seen, produced for Heller's opponent, Jacky Rosen.

Just now, calscuf said:

While I appreciate that you are honorable, you are probably the exception.

Money and a p*ssy buffet? That's the American dream!

I know you're being half facetious, but unlimited money, sex, and fame don't lead to fulfillment. Just look at celebrities and how many of their lives are trainwrecks.

1 minute ago, calscuf said:

While I appreciate that you are honorable, you are probably the exception.

Money and a p*ssy buffet? That's the American dream!

As a billionaire you can choose to live poorly and afford therapy for that narcissism.