• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

I enjoyed this part of the speech.

I spoke before this body last year and warned that the U.N. Human Rights Council had become a grave embarrassment to this institution, shielding egregious human rights abusers while bashing America and its many friends.

Our Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, laid out a clear agenda for reform, but despite reported and repeated warnings, no action at all was taken.

So the United States took the only responsible course: We withdrew from the Human Rights Council, and we will not return until real reform is enacted.

For similar reasons, the United States will provide no support in recognition to the International Criminal Court. As far as America is concerned, the ICC has no jurisdiction, no legitimacy, and no authority. The ICC claims near-universal jurisdiction over the citizens of every country, violating all principles of justice, fairness, and due process. We will never surrender America’s sovereignty to an unelected, unaccountable, global bureaucracy.

America is governed by Americans. We reject the ideology of globalism, and we embrace the doctrine of patriotism.

Around the world, responsible nations must defend against threats to sovereignty not just from global governance, but also from other, new forms of coercion and domination.

11 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I enjoyed this part of the speech.

I spoke before this body last year and warned that the U.N. Human Rights Council had become a grave embarrassment to this institution, shielding egregious human rights abusers while bashing America and its many friends.

Our Ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley, laid out a clear agenda for reform, but despite reported and repeated warnings, no action at all was taken.

So the United States took the only responsible course: We withdrew from the Human Rights Council, and we will not return until real reform is enacted.

For similar reasons, the United States will provide no support in recognition to the International Criminal Court. As far as America is concerned, the ICC has no jurisdiction, no legitimacy, and no authority. The ICC claims near-universal jurisdiction over the citizens of every country, violating all principles of justice, fairness, and due process. We will never surrender America’s sovereignty to an unelected, unaccountable, global bureaucracy.

America is governed by Americans. We reject the ideology of globalism, and we embrace the doctrine of patriotism.

Around the world, responsible nations must defend against threats to sovereignty not just from global governance, but also from other, new forms of coercion and domination.

Meh

2 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

You don't embrace patriotism?

No, I didn't choose where I was born.  I am lucky but I don't have pride because I didn't do anything to deserve it.  I also don't think our history is that great either.  We have a ton of blood on our hands.

I also don't embrace globalism although I don't place any more importance on a person because of where they live.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

No, I didn't choose where I was born.  I am lucky but I don't have pride because I didn't do anything to deserve it.  I also don't think our history is that great either.  We have a ton of blood on our hands.

I also don't embrace globalism although I don't place any more importance on a person because of where they live.

Having patriotism has zero to do with where you were born.

7 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't put America above any other country.  Our citizens are no more important than anyone else.  I don't pledge allegiance to the flag.  I only have allegiance to my God, my family and my church.

I don't pledge allegiance to any flag either but I do put my country above others. You, having traveled to shitholes across the globe, should understand the reasoning behind that.

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

I don't pledge allegiance to any flag either but I do put my country above others. You, having traveled to shitholes across the globe, should understand the reasoning behind that.

It is that very travel that makes me understand that those people are just as important as anyone else.

Just now, Lhalo said:

Why does that make our country or citizens inherently more valuable than another country or its citizens? In some ways, our government is just as corrupt as governments in other countries, but because our Founding Fathers had the sense to draft a Constitution that limits the power of government, we're shielded from much of the corruption.

6 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

It is that very travel that makes me understand that those people are just as important as anyone else.

Some of them are, some of them aren't. I don't like having my money stolen from me to support some BS new world order sitting in an ivory tower on the east side of middle Manhattan. The UN can eat a bag of dicks and as many faults as Trump has, I'm glad he told them to stick it.

I'd be living in the Middle East if my grandfather hadn't come to the US, so you bet your ass I love this flag. 

I pledge allegiance to the American Flag, Christian flag, and the Bible.

But why would a citizen refuse to pledge to the American flag? That is treason if you ask me.

Edited by failos

I wonder how many countries are shit holes because of U.S. foreign policy? Not all of them of course but some are.

I see Trump and Rudy were talking about instigating a revolution in Iran through sanctions recently (I don't think this was fake news). Have we learned nothing from meddling?

You can't complain about a fire when you helped light the match. 

26 minutes ago, failos said:

I'd be living in the Middle East if my grandfather hadn't come to the US, so you bet your ass I love this flag. 

I pledge allegiance to the American Flag, Christian flag, and the Bible.

But why would a citizen refuse to pledge to the American flag? That is treason if you ask me.

I thought Americans hated authoritarianism.