• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So you guys are for net neutrality, which is pretty much regulations to make isp's behave a certain way and not throttle based on who pays.  But are against regulations to make search engines not cram paid programming in their searches in the guise of actual search results.  Got it.

Do you really want the government dictating what is available on a search?  Or do you want them to control what you see first, second, third and down the line?

Remember, every time you give a right away, you never, ever get it back

21 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Thoughts?

Trump's economic advisor: 'We're taking a look' at whether Google searches should be regulated

One side of me says no it shouldn't be regulated.  But it seems more and more, whenever I do a search, that the top pages are always sponsored.  And the real information that I know is out there is nowhere to be seen.   I can literally type the domain name like angelswin.com, and a topic, and it'll give me a page of stuff from espn and a variety of other paid sites before aw.com even shows up.  

Don't use Google then, Mr. Consumer. It's not like there aren't other options. TERRIBLE IDEA.

10 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So you guys are for net neutrality, which is pretty much regulations to make isp's behave a certain way and not throttle based on who pays.  But are against regulations to make search engines not cram paid programming in their searches in the guise of actual search results.  Got it.

Those are totally different concepts. Give me a friggin break.

35 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

This is such a ridiculous way to look at this.  Good grief GB.  Completely different purposes. 

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Thoughts?

Trump's economic advisor: 'We're taking a look' at whether Google searches should be regulated

One side of me says no it shouldn't be regulated.  But it seems more and more, whenever I do a search, that the top pages are always sponsored.  And the real information that I know is out there is nowhere to be seen.   I can literally type the domain name like angelswin.com, and a topic, and it'll give me a page of stuff from espn and a variety of other paid sites before aw.com even shows up.  

Yep, I'm sure Trump's economic advisor is concerned about us poor internet users who have to see paid content. Trump and his crew have long been champions of forsaking profit for the sake of the little guy.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Well if the Boston Globe, that paragon of conservatism, says so...............

breaking up Google and regulating searches are two separate things though.

Well here's a conservative source but it's behind a paywall...

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-antitrust-case-against-facebook-google-amazon-and-apple-1516121561

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

I just wonder if you would feel this strongly if Google was more conservative or at least not so combative with Trump.

26 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I just wonder if you would feel this strongly if Google was more conservative or at least not so combative with Trump.

14 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

He wouldn't and there's no way he can genuinely state that he would. Don't give me some story stating otherwise.

Of course I would. Look at the TBTF banks for instance. I'm all for them being broken up.

Many corporations in this country have become too dominant and overpowering in their industries. In a perfect world deregulation would not allow them to grow so large and the breaking up of monopolies would not be needed.

Google is a pretty slimy company that acted in decidedly bad faith while promising in its own creed to "Don't be evil" until they decided it wasn't necessary anymore. On the other hand considering the threat authoritarian countries consider a (relatively) free search engine, this attack on Google is chilling.