• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Trump has a Mar-a-Lago cabal in charge of the department of veterans affairs.

https://www.propublica.org/article/ike-perlmutter-bruce-moskowitz-marc-sherman-shadow-rulers-of-the-va?utm_campaign=sprout&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1533681163

"At times, Perlmutter, Moskowitz and Sherman have created headaches for VA officials because of their failure to follow government rules and processes. In other cases, they used their influence in ways that could benefit their private interests."

2 hours ago, Crampknees said:

That's such bullshit.  And don't dare wade into the daughters should be gang banged shit with me because you didn't like what I said. 

You don’t think poor blacks vote democrat? 

10 hours ago, full circle said:

Maybe because immigrants we choose to accept shouldn’t in most cases be a public charge?  I know, I know, you bleeding heart anarchists think the whole world should be able to come here and live on American taxpayers dime but luckily we have more common sense than that now.  But if you wanna sponsor an immigrant family and pay their expenses I’d happily fight for your right to do so.  

Do you listen to pennywise on mute? 

11 hours ago, Thomas said:

And insisting that a single plane handle everything from close air support to air superiority is likely unwise but makes for good powerpoints about how it replaces so many aircraft.

The old phrase "jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind. It seems that the aircraft industry keeps trying to make one plane do the jobs of several, when this never works out. What makes it good at one job inevitably makes it less good at another. The earliest plane I remember along these lines is the F-111 of the Vietnam War era. A forgettable piece of junk.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The old phrase "jack of all trades, master of none" comes to mind. It seems that the aircraft industry keeps trying to make one plane do the jobs of several, when this never works out. What makes it good at one job inevitably makes it less good at another. The earliest plane I remember along these lines is the F-111 of the Vietnam War era. A forgettable piece of junk.

The was the whole goal of the JSF program going back to 1993 was an affordable do-everything platform that could be exported to allies.  I get wanting a common platform to replace the F-16 and F-18 and foreign equivalents.  But also wanting it replace the A-10 and V-STOL aircraft seems optimistic. 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

The was the whole goal of the JSF program going back to 1993 was an affordable do-everything platform that could be exported to allies.  I get wanting a common platform to replace the F-16 and F-18 and foreign equivalents.  But also wanting it replace the A-10 and V-STOL aircraft seems optimistic. 

The A-10 is rather like the C-130. You may try to replace it for the tasks it performs, but good luck bettering it.

Haven’t they been trying to get rid of the A-10 for years and years ?

i mean why ? Seems like we ought to recognize a good thing.  A-10 seems fu*cking kickass at close air support.  I get that the airframes are old, but if they can make it work.... 

what do I know I guess 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

Haven’t they been trying to get rid of the A-10 for years and years ?

i mean why ? Seems like we ought to recognize a good thing.  A-10 seems fu*cking kickass at close air support.  I get that the airframes are old, but if they can make it work.... 

what do I know I guess 

It's always a budget thing. They can only fund so many airframes

USAF has also been, for better and worse, laser focused on their air superiority, strategic bombing and ICBM missions. Tactical bombing and especially close air support has always been secondary. Which is why I wasn't opposed to moving the space operations leadership up the chain. Also moving fixed-wing close air support to the Army's purview to complement the <in Arnold voice> choppas is worth considering.

14 hours ago, Crampknees said:

That's such bullshit.  And don't dare wade into the daughters should be gang banged shit with me because you didn't like what I said. 

I understand that that post (several years ago) didn’t play very well, but it was clearly an absurd and obnoxious joke to point out that if we don’t want our daughters fucking everything in sight then maybe there’s still a conversation to be had about sexual morality.

15 hours ago, Crampknees said:

4 minutes ago, Adam said:

I understand that that post (several years ago) didn’t play very well, but it was clearly an absurd and obnoxious joke to point out that if we don’t want our daughters fucking everything in sight then maybe there’s still a conversation to be had about sexual morality.

hotfuzz.gif

The Blue Wave is starting to look like fool’s gold. Obviously, a lot of people are against Trump, but Democrats never vote and they like to blame others for not doing so.

Of course, they’ll go and blame voter discrimination or voter fraud (or even collusion)—but what’s stopping them from registering to vote, and mailing a ballot?