• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

53 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

how does something like this make sense ? 

16 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Trump, expressing his belief that the F-35 is literally invisible.

https://apps.facebook.com/VicBergerPresents/videos/229834107729797/

Why are so many opposed to him, who clearly know that he isn't the truthiest person ever, still taking what he says at face value? What has he done to even deserve that?

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

It doesn't so it's probably a BS story

There’s an actual draft of the proposal.  Sort of amazing given everything that we’ve seen from these people that your immediate reaction to legitimate reporting is “it’s BS”

same story from the Hill.  A conservative tilted rag. 

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/latino/400657-trump-proposal-would-make-it-harder-for-legal-immigrants-to-gain-citizenship-report%3famp

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s an actual draft of the proposal.  Sort of amazing given everything that we’ve seen from these people that your immediate reaction to legitimate reporting is “it’s BS”

same story from the Hill.  A conservative tilted rag. 

https://www.google.com/amp/thehill.com/latino/400657-trump-proposal-would-make-it-harder-for-legal-immigrants-to-gain-citizenship-report%3famp

Then that's a fucked up proposal. The article says this is a proposal by top aides. I'd like to think Trump won't go with that. Who knows though? 

16 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

The F-35 is very possibly the biggest piece of shit that this countries defense industry has ever produced.  Full speed ahead !

Speaking solely about engineering, it's honestly an amazingly capable plane. However when you oversell an aircraft's capability to ludicrous amounts, ignoring that every flight system is a set of compromises, and understate the costs to get initial budgetary approval, the eventual outcome is inevitable.  It's development process has been in line with similar projects in the past which is to say, a tremendous and arduous struggle. This was likely expected by any engineer or anyone experienced in flight test support but high level managers are going to high level manage. And insisting that a single plane handle everything from close air support to air superiority is likely unwise but makes for good powerpoints about how it replaces so many aircraft.   Designing and implementing 5th generation planes hasn't been easy for anyone though. Russia basically gave up completely. China's J-20 is clearly at best a compromise. However this plane hasn't been an outlier in any way. Just the latest example of the same old shit.

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

how does something like this make sense ? 

Maybe because immigrants we choose to accept shouldn’t in most cases be a public charge?  I know, I know, you bleeding heart anarchists think the whole world should be able to come here and live on American taxpayers dime but luckily we have more common sense than that now.  But if you wanna sponsor an immigrant family and pay their expenses I’d happily fight for your right to do so.  

17 minutes ago, full circle said:

Maybe because immigrants we choose to accept shouldn’t in most cases be a public charge?  I know, I know, you bleeding heart anarchists think the whole world should be able to come here and live on American taxpayers dime but luckily we have more common sense than that now.  But if you wanna sponsor an immigrant family and pay their expenses I’d happily fight for your right to do so.  

holy moly Beaver Cleaver.  Easy to know who you really are, just use your real identity.  Why are you hiding? 

27 minutes ago, full circle said:

Legal residents pay taxes like the rest of us.  Why should they receive punitive treatment for using a program like the affordable care act that’s been made available to them ?  And the citizen children ? Are they not due access to programs because you don’t like it that their parents aren’t native born.  Even though they’ve followed our rules to stay here ?

And I’d like to see you provide evidence that there’s a significant population of legal permanent residents that you could legitimately describe as “charges of the state” 

i also think the assertion that I’m an anarchist is pretty wild.  What the hell are you ? The guy that wants to deny actual citizens access to programs because their parents aren’t born here ? 

Edited by UndertheHalo

47 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Speaking solely about engineering, it's honestly an amazingly capable plane. However when you oversell an aircraft's capability to ludicrous amounts, ignoring that every flight system is a set of compromises, and understate the costs to get initial budgetary approval, the eventual outcome is inevitable.  It's development process has been in line with similar projects in the past which is to say, a tremendous and arduous struggle. This was likely expected by any engineer or anyone experienced in flight test support but high level managers are going to high level manage. And insisting that a single plane handle everything from close air support to air superiority is likely unwise but makes for good powerpoints about how it replaces so many aircraft.   Designing and implementing 5th generation planes hasn't been easy for anyone though. Russia basically gave up completely. China's J-20 is clearly at best a compromise. However this plane hasn't been an outlier in any way. Just the latest example of the same old shit.

I don’t claim to have any expertise on this.  I enjoy reading about these things because I have an 8 years olds interest in cool looking fighter jets.  The F-35 on paper sounds cool as hell.  But everything I’ve read describing actual real world performance seems to describe an utter disaster.  From what I gather.  A jack of all trades and a master of none.  Except a really shitty Jack.  

21 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t claim to have any expertise on this.  I enjoy reading about these things because I have an 8 years olds interest in cool looking fighter jets.  The F-35 on paper sounds cool as hell.  But everything I’ve read describing actual real world performance seems to describe an utter disaster.  From what I gather.  A jack of all trades and a master of none.  Except a really shitty Jack.  

It's tough because what it's supposed to be really good at...is still decidedly top secret. How well it really does at hiding from radars and destroying the enemy at superior range? And how well does it allow the F-35 pilot to see the entire battlefield? None of us have that particular need to know.  People seem to judge a fighter by its ability to dogfight. They point to Vietnam and the F-4s inability to do that well, as like the F-35, it wasn't really designed for it. That was pretty much the entire plot, what there was of one, in Top Gun. But they forget that Vietnam was in every way an unusual war. Flight engagement rules mandated that all enemy aircraft had to be visually identified by pilots before weapons were allowed to be used. For the admittedly reasonable reason that shooting down a Soviet fighter would have been at best really unpleasant. Radar and missile systems were also dramatically less capable 50 years ago. In today's environment against a competent enemy those rules of engagement would mean a lot of dead pilots. So when I hear that a F-16 can out dogfight a F-35, the one thing a Falcon is still unmatched in, it doesn't necessarily mean too much to me.

3 hours ago, full circle said:

To me it depends on the type of assistance they are receiving and whether or not they maintain employment and keep a clean record.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

To me it depends on the type of assistance they are receiving and whether or not they maintain employment and keep a clean record.

Right, that’s fair.  But there’s no reason to assume permanent residents aren’t maintaining employment, or aren't law abiding members of the community or that they’re as he described “charges of the state” 

I mean, if someone living here for 10 years gets laid off and goes on unemployment for 6 months are we talking about punitive action to deny them citizenship ? that’s outrageous.  This guy has an extremely poor understanding of what permanent residents in this country look like. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, Rico said:

The Trump administration has been targeting naturalized citizens, even to the point of creating a task for to denaturalize some.  Trump goes along with this because he believes naturalized citizens are less likely to vote Republican.  

Same reason why democratic policy is designed to keep black folks poor

3 hours ago, Rico said:

The Trump administration has been targeting naturalized citizens, even to the point of creating a task for to denaturalize some.  Trump goes along with this because he believes naturalized citizens are less likely to vote Republican.  

I’m sure there are some that should be denaturalized.