• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

There’s no way to talk to the ones that he’s got hook line and sinker bought in on the alternate facts thing.  

@Thomas, I think you underestimate how many of these people are out there.  It’s a large number.  

Theres nothing to talk about when you can’t agree on a baseline of reality.  These people live in the maga dimension.  There’s no rationalizing with them.  What are you supposed to say to these QAnon people ? They literally believe a cabal of deepstate pedophilles is running the country.  

They have to be defeated before people like Mitch McConnell who absolutely do not give a F*ck about this country continuing to exist as a democratic republic allow the MAGA’s to make defeating them impossible.   This country is teetering on the edge of truly terrifying things.  And it’s time for moderate conservatives to drop the false equivalence bullshit because they’re annoyed about PC crap.  There has to be a meeting in the middle.  The but Obama, but Hillary bullshit has to stop.  

If it's too hard for you I understand. But don't make it harder on the rest of us who haven't given up yet. I don't believe in exceptionalism. There are people who can be reached. It's selfish to act out in a manner that is counterproductive to this effort when there is no benefit to the manner. 

• Replies 50.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

They have to be defeated before people like Mitch McConnell who absolutely do not give a F*ck about this country continuing to exist as a democratic republic allow the MAGA’s to make defeating them impossible.   This country is teetering on the edge of truly terrifying things.  And it’s time for moderate conservatives to drop the false equivalence bullshit because they’re annoyed about PC crap.  There has to be a meeting in the middle.  The but Obama, but Hillary bullshit has to stop.  

When is this going to happen with the left calling everyone on the right childish names? That's the whole point.. People expect this to happen when they are acting in a manner that makes this even more unlikely. And for what? 

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

If it's too hard for you I understand. But don't make it harder on the rest of us who haven't given up yet. I don't believe in exceptionalism. There are people who can be reached. It's selfish to act out in a manner that is counterproductive to this effort when there is no benefit to the manner. 

Hey man, I’m all for talking to people.  I’m happy to share what I know.  Im happy to see people who see things differently then I do reasonable view points.  Which absolutely exist on the right.  Especially if in good faith they’ll look at mine.  I’m just not equipped to argue with someone that makes things up.  Unfortunately.  

It seems like more and more these are the people I encounter. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Hey man, I’m all for talking to people.  I’m happy to share what I know.  Im happy to see people who see things differently then I do reasonable view points.  Which absolutely exist on the right.  Especially if in good faith they’ll look at mine.  I’m just not equipped to argue with someone that makes things up.  Unfortunately.  

It seems like more and more these are the people I encounter. 

If their reality is um..skewed you have to understand that it's their emotional state that is creating this alternate reality. Figure out what their emotional place is and argue from there. 

Usually a Trump supporter believes their way of life is threatened and attacked. That is people's fear in general. Whether the fear is valid or true is meaningless if they emotionally believe it. The more you acknowledge this fear the more success you can have. Trump becomes a pretty easy target to disprove once these fear created layers of reality are removed.  

5 minutes ago, nate said:

You know, Trump supporters make a lot more sense when you realize that he was big in the WWE scene, and WWE people are basement dwellers that hate life and love fake wrestling and soap operas.

If only they could be like baseball fans on the main board.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

But what is the greater benefit of not facing the hardest obstacles when they are also the most important? Especially in regards to the future of my children.

Yeah, well they are screwed.. Moving on for the greater good and not chasing windmills.