• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

51 minutes ago, Mark68 said:

Oh I see--those politicians (and heroes) who have long been traditionally identified as conservatives are now considered Republicans In Name Only in Trump's GOP.

War is peace.

Hate is love.

Got it.

McCain has been a POS for much longer than Trump has been in office. He’s bought and paid for by the MIC. F*ck ‘em. 

1 hour ago, Mark68 said:

I honestly think he sounds stupid because he's dumbing his message down for his base in Middle America. After all he loves "the poorly educated".

He's really not that dumb though...even though he doesn't have a clue about the consequences of his tariffs. I DO think he is a traitor. The Russians have something on him. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Maybe. The Atlantic piece implies this has its origins all the way in the 80s. He may not be this helpless puppet either. But yeah, Trump clearly knows his base. Unless you think he really likes trucker hats. His speech is dramatically different from fifteen to twenty years ago. It's a poor charade that for some reason has been embraced on both sides, for radically different reasons.

trump is playing the left like a stradivarius. there are constant controversies that distract from what's going on. but i think he's really a grand puppet master.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Yep I'm sure there sincerely very upset.

Yes that's my sarcastic voice.

House Speaker Paul Ryan contradicted several comments Trump made during his Helsinki news conference, most notably backing the US intelligence community assessment that Russia meddled with the US 2016 presidential election.

"There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world," said Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin, in a statement. "That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence."

GOP Sen. Corker: Putin 'having caviar' after Trump meeting
Ryan continued, "The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell spoke briefly with reporters Monday, giving his support to the US intelligence community.
"I've said a number of times and I say it again, the Russians are not our friends and I entirely believe the assessment of our intelligence community," the Kentucky Republican said. He did not answer a question on whether he would tell Trump that he disagreed with him.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

House Speaker Paul Ryan contradicted several comments Trump made during his Helsinki news conference, most notably backing the US intelligence community assessment that Russia meddled with the US 2016 presidential election.

"There is no question that Russia interfered in our election and continues attempts to undermine democracy here and around the world," said Ryan, a Republican from Wisconsin, in a statement. "That is not just the finding of the American intelligence community but also the House Committee on Intelligence."

Ryan continued, "The president must appreciate that Russia is not our ally. There is no moral equivalence between the United States and Russia, which remains hostile to our most basic values and ideals. The United States must be focused on holding Russia accountable and putting an end to its vile attacks on democracy."

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell spoke briefly with reporters Monday, giving his support to the US intelligence community.
"I've said a number of times and I say it again, the Russians are not our friends and I entirely believe the assessment of our intelligence community," the Kentucky Republican said. He did not answer a question on whether he would tell Trump that he disagreed with him.

To say words in DC are cheap would be to erroneously imply that they have value at all.

1 minute ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Why do you believe Paul Ryan when he says that but not "thoughts and prayers"?

1 hour ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

When Newt Gingrich comes out against a Republican President, he has definitely crossed the line.

Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, declared, “No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.” Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker and Trump adviser, declared the news conference “the most serious mistake of his presidency.” Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee and current Senate candidate from Utah, called it “disgraceful and detrimental to our democratic principles.”

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Senator John McCain, Republican of Arizona, declared, “No prior president has ever abased himself more abjectly before a tyrant.” Newt Gingrich, the former House speaker and Trump adviser, declared the news conference “the most serious mistake of his presidency.” Mitt Romney, the 2012 Republican presidential nominee and current Senate candidate from Utah, called it “disgraceful and detrimental to our democratic principles.”

Are all of you libs going to post this?

He's a Republican criticizing a Republican... I never mentioned anything about thoughts and prayers, they just aren't enough.

Wow, you actually believe them? I'm..so sorry.  I...didn't know.

2 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

db7d031717ce55f52d6ca31cd1d3aa42.jpg

He's a Republican criticizing a Republican... I never mentioned anything about thoughts and prayers, they just aren't enough.

So, Republicans are suddenly a beacon of truth when it fits your narrative. Got it.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Unfortunately for the country, the Republicans in Congress by and large either continue to say nothing, or (like Rand Paul) go to tremendous lengths to defend the indefensible.

4 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Unfortunately for the country, the Republicans in Congress by and large either continue to say nothing, or (like Rand Paul) go to tremendous lengths to defend the indefensible.

Which will continue unabated as long as the opposition continues to fail completely at both making a compelling case regarding Trump's guilt (instead of hoping Mueller magically comes to the rescue), and continues to alienate a large section of their own membership as well as the other universally. 

So is it your contention that Trump can do no wrong, despite mounds of evidence to the contrary. This isn't liberals vs. conservatives, it's about right and wrong period.

No my contention is that I would never stoop so low to use Paul Ryan or John McCain to bolster my argument (regardless of whether they may be right or not).

Edited by failos

What is your problem with John McCain? I only copied a post from the news, Ryan is supposed to be a Trump supporter and even he can't defend Trump this time. I can't stand Newt but Trump seems to like him and he even he turned against Trump on this Putin thing, that's all.

Never play poker. Ever.