• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

7 hours ago, Geoff said:

The reason Hillary didn't have a chance is because people chose to believe the polls before voting.  The same polls that told everyone Trump didn't have a chance to win.

As long as the electoral college exist we are not a true democracy with one person one vote. Especially when states have a winner take all of the Electoral college votes. I know the winners in an election but losing the popular vote will disagree with this. I don't care. the entire reason for the electoral college is obsolete. We need to join the rest of the free world democracies and give every voter an equal say.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

As long as the electoral college exist we are not a true democracy with one person one vote. Especially when states have a winner take all of the Electoral college votes. I know the winners in an election but losing the popular vote will disagree with this. I don't care. the entire reason for the electoral college is obsolete. We need to join the rest of the free world democracies and give every voter an equal say.

Parties. Nomination processes. Primary rules. Lots of shit much worse than the electoral college. 

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

spoken like someone who lives in a high population area.

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Two days ago he said he couldn't stop the separation of children with an executive order.

And he still hasn't. His order doesn't circumvent the Flores settlement barring children being in detention centers for longer than 20 days. He hasn't lifted no tolerance. And it's dubious based on the weasel language that they will not continue to separate children. He has put a gun to head to Congress to pass the immigration bill he wants in the next couple of weeks. 

7 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Doesn't matter why should someone in Montana have more voting weight than anyone else.

For the same reasons the small states insisted on this at the constitutional convention.  The rational hasn't changed. Only increased based on increased urbanization. 

15 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

We never were supposed to be. We are a constitutional republic 

6 minutes ago, Thomas said:

And he still hasn't. His order doesn't circumvent the Flores settlement barring children being in detention centers for longer than 20 days. He hasn't lifted no tolerance. And it's dubious based on the weasel language that they will not continue to separate children. He has put a gun to head to Congress to pass the immigration bill he wants in the next couple of weeks. 

It's sad that this has to be done to get Congress to do it's damn job. Hopefully it works 

1 hour ago, Adam said:

MAGA

EL0nDGIe_bigger.jpgSteve HermanVerified account @W7VOA

From @WhiteHouse radio pool reporter @sarahmccammon in @POTUS lunch with governors: "I also noticed that the rest of the table appeared to have little cups of balsamic vinegar or Italian dressing, while POTUS had a slightly larger tub of what appeared to be Ranch dressing."

10:58 AM - 21 Jun 2018

that's some serious first class reporting right there.

is it too early to start handing out pulitzers?

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

They are flaunting the fact that it doesn't matter. Like the 5th avenue quip. It really doesn't matter.

It’s hard for me to believe that she was actually sending out some kind of message.  But at the same time, it’s hard for me to believe that she and her handlers could possibly miss the EXTREMELY POOR optics. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

It’s hard for me to believe that she was actually sending out some kind of message.  But at the same time, it’s hard for me to believe she and her handlers could possibly miss the EXTREMELY POOR optics. 

Compared to voluntarily marrying Trump this seems far more realistic.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

For the same reasons the small states insisted on this at the constitutional convention.  The rational hasn't changed. Only increased based on increased urbanization. 

There weren't any small states then. The ONLY reason the electoral college exists is because at the constitution was written the average person never traveled more than 20 miles from home. They had no idea who the person running for President was. They voted for someone more local who voted for the President. With radio, TV, and the internet if someone doesn't who the canidates are they shouldn't vote at all.

It took the 17th amendment to allow direct elections of U. S. Senators. From 1789 to 1913, when the Seventeenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution was ratified, senators were elected by state legislatures.