• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

Schumer is correct in stating that the administration can adjust their policy and end the practice of separating families and sending kids to "summer camps" and toddlers to tinder care facilities and that certainly can occur quicker than getting Congress to agree on a subject they've been punting on for decades.

In regards to legislation on the face of it Schumer's comments aren't helpful, though context would be interesting to see. If the legislation being discussed was to clarify the law that's one thing, but from what I'm seeing the GOP immigration bills being put forward are significant changes to our immigration laws, including drastic reductions in legal immigration, billions for the border wall Mexico was going to pay for, and allowing for no restrictions on how long kids can be contained...in essence a Stephen Miller wet dream. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

7 minutes ago, red321 said:

Schumer is correct in stating that the administration can adjust their policy and end the practice of separating families and sending kids to "summer camps" and toddlers to tinder care facilities and that certainly can occur quicker than getting Congress to agree on a subject they've been punting on for decades.

Shouldn't US Senators be good at you know, communicating? How hard would it be to state that the legislation is an opportunistic attempt by the Republicans to take advantage of the current outrage to pass a bill that (certainly in his opinion) hurts immigrants? Certainly more effective than blaming Trump who is in turn blaming congress leading to an argumentative stalemate. I know it's a fallacy to believe that people in power got there because they are smarter and better than you. But at this point I'd take they got there because they were at least somewhat competent. 

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

I'd agree, though in part that is why I said it would be interested to see the quotes in context not pulled from a right wing blog. At least on Twitter seems like that is what he attempted to do in a few hundred characters. 

Speaking too much is also a means of ineffective communication. Say enough words and people will find the words they want to use to further their own purposes.

This is actually really simple.

Trump is enforcing the current law to its full extent (which I have no issue with), and he is going to continue to until congress pulls its head out of its collective anus and fixes the main problems with illegal immigration.

Namely, chain migration, the VISA lottery, merit based immigration, and a border wall. I believe he is willing to cave in and grant a pathway to citizenship for DACA folks in the process to fix the larger issue.

They'll continue to enforce current law though, he's trying to motivate a congress full of useless assholes.

43 minutes ago, Tank said:

i absolutely hate my facebook feed these days.

My favorite posts (and my feed is littered with them) are the "we're better than this" rants. As is if "we" have anything to do with it. 

3 minutes ago, Adam said:

My favorite posts (and my feed is littered with them) are the "we're better than this" rants. As is if "we" have anything to do with it. 

why do you waste your time with that? 

i spend my time reading about all the things people are personally doing to help these poor illegal al, er, undocumented citizens.