• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

On 6/12/2018 at 2:39 PM, Thomas said:

But the more one embraces anger, the more they leave rationality on the curb.

This is absolutely true. Both sides are so bent on winning that they have lost sight of the ultimate goal - or at least what it is supposed to be: Doing what is right for the American people.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 hours ago, the dude abides said:

Seriously?  You’ve listened to both of them speak, correct?  

My money would be on the guy who can communicate in complete, coherent sentences.

You'd be surprised how many scientists and engineers with PhDs can't do that. Let alone those in other fields. I'd be wary relying too heavily on verbal ability as a metric in such evaluations.

59 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This is absolutely true. Both sides are so bent on winning that they have lost sight of the ultimate goal - or at least what it is supposed to be: Doing what is right for the American people.

At this point they aren't even acting in their own selfish interests. Let alone the greater good.

Just now, red321 said:

I tend to agree...I think he would care more about his administration trying to use the bible to justify snatching kids from their parents at the border

I don't agree with taking kids from their parents.

Could you provide context for the whole Bible thing?

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I don't agree with taking kids from their parents.

Could you provide context for the whole Bible thing?

Press conference today: Sessions and Sanders

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-administration-argues-for-family-separation-on-biblical-grounds

“I thought I’d take a little bit of a digression here to discuss some concerns raised by our church friends about separation of families,” Sessions said. “Many of the criticisms raised in recent days are not fair or logical, and some are contrary to law.”

“First, illegal entry into the United States is a crime: It should be, it must be, if you’re going to have a system of any limits whatsoever! Persons who violate the law of our nation are subject to prosecution. If you violate the law, you subject yourself to prosecution. I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes.”

4 minutes ago, red321 said:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/trump-administration-argues-for-family-separation-on-biblical-grounds

“I thought I’d take a little bit of a digression here to discuss some concerns raised by our church friends about separation of families,” Sessions said. “Many of the criticisms raised in recent days are not fair or logical, and some are contrary to law.”

“First, illegal entry into the United States is a crime: It should be, it must be, if you’re going to have a system of any limits whatsoever! Persons who violate the law of our nation are subject to prosecution. If you violate the law, you subject yourself to prosecution. I would cite you to the Apostle Paul and his clear and wise command in Romans 13, to obey the laws of the government because God has ordained the government for his purposes.”

Horrible reference.  He should worry about Romans 13 the way he tramples all over the Constitution.  Man I cannot stand that guy.  

17 hours ago, Thomas said:

You'd be surprised how many scientists and engineers with PhDs can't do that. Let alone those in other fields. I'd be wary relying too heavily on verbal ability as a metric in such evaluations.

Are you comparing Trump to scientists and engineers with PhDs?

24 minutes ago, red321 said:

Yep, Sessions is a douche. And the whole argument that Christians should use Romans 13 to justify anything the government does is a mischaracterization of Paul's words. I read a great article about this recently:

http://www.craiggreenfield.com/blog/romans13

15 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Are you comparing Trump to scientists and engineers with PhDs?

Well they often have similar social skills easily comparable to Trump...

But the whole idea of what we believe intelligence seems flawed. We generally define it in a very linear and rigid manner that complete ignores what the human condition is. And those people that are deemed extremely intelligent often struggle in areas of life most would find mundane. When there are innumerable examples of individuals that would fall outside this ideal of intelligence yet demonstrate remarkable insights in unconventional ways. Trump seems to have a number of them. Unfortunately these insights are typically ones found in lets say not very nice people.

1 minute ago, Rico said:

We have this thing called the 8th amendment that protects everyone within our borders from cruel and unusual punishment.  Kidnapping kids away from their parents feels both cruel and unusual. 

We have other amendments that protect rights too but people seem okay with doing away with them