• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

49 minutes ago, red321 said:

When you have the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world lavish praise and talks about how much the murdering despot loves his people, talks about what a great leader he is (days after you've gone out of your way to antagonize your closest allies)...you've done more than just had a conversation. There were ways they could have had these conversations without elevating Kim to great international leader. Like it or not, at least for now, the US does have an outsized influence on the international stage and what we say matters.

Maybe you fucking forgot about this asshole. Yes that's the president with one of the architects of modern terrorism. Screw you Red, you are so partisan your ass crack is on the left side.

xin_01110111142010103681.jpg

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

23 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think the media is doing the democrats no favors.  Most every story I have seen has a negative slant about the meeting.  It is crazy.  Nobody can be objective anymore, not even the press whose objectiveness is necessary for a free country to exist.

I agree that the argument for left of center politics is done no favors by the commentary from perceived “elites”

at the same time.  People have to be responsible for accepting truths they don’t like.  Well meaning conservatives have a really big problem with that. 

Liberals do as well, but it seems far worse on the right. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, Blarg said:

Maybe you fucking forgot about this asshole. Yes that's the president with one of the architects of modern terrorism. Screw you Red, you are so partisan your ass crack is on the left side.

xin_01110111142010103681.jpg

Speaking of letting emotions interfere with basic human civil discourse. 

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Uh oh! 

Not the C word 

?

I think Blarg saw all the political banter and naturally assumed that we were discussing the finer details of Game of Thrones. However with the exception of @mtangelsfan, none of us are showing our naughty bits.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I agree that the argument for left of center politics is done no favors by the commentary from perceived “elites”

at the same time.  People have to be responsible for accepting truths they don’t like.  Well meaning conservatives have a really big problem with that. 

I would expect that to be your perspective.  I'm sure mine is skewed as well.

18 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Maybe a few years ago sure. I'm not sure anymore. There are likely still more right extremists willing to use violence, judging by the news. Though I'm not sure if even that will remain the case. But between the anti-niceness movement and Trump's campaign of antagonizing the left where it hurts, there is more anger on the left since certainly the late 1960s. Perhaps ever in this country?  But the more one embraces anger, the more they leave rationality on the curb. Frustrating as there is no quicker means to shutting down lines of open communication than by bringing anger to the table. 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Somebody on Fox News today said that the groundwork for this was laid by Obama. Say what?!

The other media (CNN, etc) are concluding that nothing really happened in Singapore. No big deal, nothing to get excited about.

The hatred of Trump is irrational.

The left is just mimicking what the right was doing when Obama mentioned talking to dictators like Kim. You all suck donkey balls when it comes to being rational.

Good for Obama for being willing to talk to people like Kim. Good for Trump for actually getting him to the table. Just because I can compliment and praise someone doesn't mean I have to vote for them. 

5 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Somebody on Fox News today said that the groundwork for this was laid by Obama. Say what?!

The other media (CNN, etc) are concluding that nothing really happened in Singapore. No big deal, nothing to get excited about.

The hatred of Trump is irrational.

You'd think they would be done blowing Obama by now

Look while i strongly dislike Trump & i didn't vote for anyone cause I thought both Candidates sucked horribly & i'm frustrated with both partys but if Trump can get Kim Jong Un to the table then thats a good thing, perhaps cause Obama is a boy scout Kim doesn't trust him as much as he does a guy like Trump who has vices. Like Kim, Trump was born into wealth & had to take over the family fortune.