• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

15 hours ago, Adam said:

Wow that is rather racist

Little satire making fun of Kim when the historic talks took place is BAD. He now will soon be a national hero here.  I say put him on the $20 bill before Jared gets it. 

And I am not a lib but someone who left the GOP because, well they are crazy.  I prefer to be called a Glib.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

7 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

They signed a paper that says we plan to do stuff together. My people will call your people if we have some spare time

Obama would already be pocketing his second Nobel Peace Prize and there would be 24-hour adoration on the networks.

But it's Trump, so...meh.

We gave one of the world's worst despots and murderer of his own people creedance on the international stage and showered him with compliments while signing an agreement that...well, I promise we would both really really talk (significantly less than what was included in the Iran deal that this administration tore up as the worst deal ever). On top of that we also apparently gave up military exercises in return for something North Korea had already said they were doing.

Long term we will see what happens, at a minimum we just ensured the survival of Kim. Plus, yvangel got a real cool coin out of the deal and it appears Donald might have lined up his next hotel location.

But, at the end of the day, the specter of immediate war is no longer and that's not nothing.

40 minutes ago, red321 said:

We gave one of the world's worst despots and murderer of his own people creedance on the international stage

Want an example of American exceptionalism and arrogance? It's that this line of thinking even exists and has become quite popular. The fact that we sincerely believe that as a single country we get to determine who is a legitimate leader. Even if the leader is recognized by the United Nations. It's one reason our government can so easily convince its citizens that a country's sovereignty isn't important when compared to our country's "interests". The fact that it's being spread by many on the left because of who is in office currently, people who should know better, saddens me greatly.

"We gave one of the world's worst despots and murderer of his own people creedance (sic) on the international stage."

Yes, because before yesterday no one had ever heard of Kim, the country of NK didn't show up on any maps and no one was the least bit concerned that this fictional country had nukes.

laugh

When you have the leader of one of the most powerful countries in the world lavish praise and talks about how much the murdering despot loves his people, talks about what a great leader he is (days after you've gone out of your way to antagonize your closest allies)...you've done more than just had a conversation. There were ways they could have had these conversations without elevating Kim to great international leader. Like it or not, at least for now, the US does have an outsized influence on the international stage and what we say matters.

3 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Lefties don't care about peace anymore.

I miss the lefties that did.

That's just ignorant. Believing that the dog and pony show the last 24 hours did not significantly improve the long term prospects for peace on the Korean Peninsula does not mean people don't care about peace.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Just not true. 

At this point if Trump unveiled a plan to reduce the national defense budget by 75% and increase national healthcare by the same amount there would be many on the left screaming at the top of their lungs about how Trump was ruining the country. Because Trump.

Granted there would be a bunch of really confused people on the left. But there are many who are on autopilot when it comes to opposing Trump.  If he's for something, they are automatically against.