• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Trump: We have the best women in america
Kim Jong Un: So if i sign this deal i can see Vegas, NYC, Chicago, LA & San Diego Comic Con ?

Trump: I'll do better than that, you can come visit Trump tower with Ivanka, just don't tell Jared Kushner.
Kim Jong Un: He he he he
Trump: Then we go to strip clubs, i know the ones where they let the women do anything for VIP's.

Kim Jong Un: I want to see the Lakers play, i want to go on top of that tower in Ferris Buellers day off, I want to yell at TWD producers for writing out Glen.

Trump: All possible, but i got to see the best strip clubs in Pyongyang.....is it true what happens in Pyongyang stays in Pyongyang ?

Kim Jong Un: Yes :)

I think thats why the two leaders will get along well.

2 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

There’s definitely no difference between a private citizen who happens to be famous saying uncouth things.  And our actual elected officials and their representatives  behaving that way. Publicly. 

The delineation between celebrity and elected leader seems blurry at best. The consequences of the continued escalation of this rhetoric will be violent.

18 minutes ago, Thomas said:

In our celebrity obsessed culture, most definitely. Think our current POTUS got in on his qualifications?  

Well, the way you’ve told it.  It’s because of his evil genius.  I don’t agree with that.  But that’s neither here nor there. 

I’m not making the point that people don’t look at liberal celebrities like Robert DeNiro and form their own contrarian opinions .  I’m saying that to do so makes one a fucki*ng moron.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Well, the way you’ve told it.  It’s because of his evil genius.

I’m not making the point that people don’t look at liberal celebrities like Robert DeNiro and form their own contrarian opinions .  I’m saying that to do so makes one a fucki*ng moron.  

What would the difference be if they formed these opinions from observing elected officials, celebrities, CEOs, or religious leaders? Most people don't want to form their own opinions. It's hard to begin with. And subjects them to the possibility of being wrong. Much easier and with much less personal accountability to latch on to someone else's opinion. 

41 minutes ago, Thomas said:

What would the difference be if they formed these opinions from observing elected officials, celebrities, CEOs, or religious leaders? Most people don't want to form their own opinions. It's hard to begin with. And subjects them to the possibility of being wrong. Much easier and with much less personal accountability to latch on to someone else's opinion. 

Some people have better more educated opinions then others.  And its an adults responsibity to seek out those view points when forming their own.  Whether by listening or reading or whatever.  I have no reason to believe that Bobby DeNiro has an outlook that I should consider seriously.  Really, no one that doesn’t have a personal relationship with him should give 1 single shit what he has to say. 

And yet, here we are, talking about how DeNiro making a jackass out of himself is going to get Trump re-elected.  A few weeks ago it was some other random famous person working on the same project.  Well, according to all the conservatives in this place.  Maybe that’s true.  And if so, this country deserves Trump.  

You don’t need to tell me that people are dumb as shit. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Some people have better more educated opinions then others.  And its an adults responsibity to seek out those view points when forming their own.  Whether by listening or reading or whatever.

The difference would be between learning from the resource when forming your own informed opinion or simply becoming an unquestioning follower of the resource. 

It's E3 time so a video game analogy.
The difference between be objective fan of video games and a console fanboi.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

The difference would be between learning from the resource when forming your own informed opinion or simply becoming an unquestioning follower of the resource. 

It's E3 time so a video game analogy.
The difference between be objective fan of video games and a console fanboi.

Yea, definitely a great thing that console fanboi equivalents are deciding who governs our democracy.