• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

15 minutes ago, failos said:

Trump canceled the summit today, but it was rumored to be canceled well before that. Jim Acosta is obviously making fun of the coin and everything about it. The dude is, undoubtedly, thrilled that there will be no summit meeting.

You make it sound like people are dancing in the streets.  Dude, chill.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Definitely though I get it politically. Even in mock we put the words Trump, North Korea and peace together. 

The hyperbole has against the administration has been equally cringe worthy however. Which is astounding. The lead story on nbcnews.com is plain silly. 
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/white-house/what-went-wrong-trump-north-korea-everything-n877201

I mean even the headline is just objectively wrong. His handling of Korea has been one of Trump's few actions that has gained him favorable opinion. Granted it's a low bar but still.
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/trumps-handling-of-north-korea-has-been-one-of-the-few-things-americans-liked-about-his-presidency/ Politically this has been a win for him regardless.

When did it become in vogue to ridicule leaders actually talking about their disagreements? As in when is a summit ever a bad idea? Sure summits can lead to bad deals. But this idea that we as a country should not have meetings with leaders we don't like or trust? That's generally EXACTLY the people we should be having summits with. Even if the meetings are fruitless.  That's better than this elitist policy some seem to adhere to.  This seems like bullshit we'd hear from the right. But obviously this moronic thinking crosses over to some on the left. 

I’m all for a summit.  And I’ve posted that on here repeatedly.  Right from the start.  But I also said that I wasn’t holding my breath.  I’ve been alive along enough to know how this stuff goes with NK.  I’m not impressed by Trumps “diplomacy” and see no reason to believe that his approach will be successful.  Mostly I think that the South Korean government did the heavy lifting as far as the attempts at dialogue.  As you brought up China has been supportive of that.  Now it seems that it’s failed.  (Not a good look for the new SK government) it’s unfortunate.  But not surprising. 

And in the end, what’s wrong about with NBC article ? The meeting was agreed to and then actions taken by both sides derailed it.  There’s no need to sugar coat that.  I didn’t read anything that seemed wrong.  The headline isn’t mocking the idea of a summit.  Trump wanted a photo op.  The concessions that his administration wanted were never going to be accepted.  Something that they should have known. No doubt they did know.  But hey.  Headlines. So ultimately all of this blew up in their faces.  That’s the reality of it.  Surprise.  Trump doesn’t get points for that. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’m all for a summit.  And I’ve posted that on here repeatedly.  Right from the start.  But I also said that I wasn’t holding my breath.  I’ve been alive along enough to know how this stuff goes with NK.  I’m not impressed by Trumps “diplomacy” and see no reason to believe that his approach will be successful.  Mostly I think that the South Korean government did the heavy lifting as far as the attempts at dialogue.  As you brought up China has been supportive of that.  Now it seems that it’s failed.  (Not a good look for the new SK government) it’s unfortunate.  But not surprising. 

And in the end, what’s wrong about the NBC article ? The meeting was agreed to and then actions taken by both sides derailed it.  There’s no need to sugar coat that.  I didn’t read anything that seemed wrong.  The headline isn’t mocking the idea of a summit.  Trump wanted a photo op.  The concessions that his administration wanted were never going to be accepted.  Something that they should have known. No doubt they did know.  But hey.  Headlines. So ultimately all of this blew up in their faces.  That’s the reality of it.  Surprise.  Trump doesn’t get points for that. 

Just because they've backed out of this summit doesn't mean any future meetings are dead. Like I've said before, it will be a long process. I give kudos to Trump for not making a deal just to make one. 

10 minutes ago, Jason said:

Just because they've backed out of this summit doesn't mean any future meetings are dead. Like I've said before, it will be a long process. I give kudos to Trump for not making a deal just to make one. 

You seriously think this is all Trump backing out on principle ?

Alright man.  

I think your optimism and faith in Donald Trump and his administrations ability to naviagte the Korean Peninsula crisis is wholly misplaced.   But hey, I’ll happily be wrong about it.  God knows we have enough of a crisis brewing with Iran. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

44 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

You seriously think this is all Trump backing out on principle ?

Alright man.  

I think your optimism and faith in Donald Trump and his administrations ability to naviagte the Korean Peninsula crisis is wholly misplaced.   But hey, I’ll happily be wrong about it.  God knows we have enough of a crisis brewing with Iran. 

Not necessarily but if he felt the terms the US wanted weren't going to happen then it would be pointless

3 hours ago, Kurt Swanson said:

To the Trump supporters, what are your thoughts on this "Spy."  And please, not the Hannity version.  

My take is next month it will be Gremlins. 

He's throwing out yet another shiny object that everyone immediately casts their attention on.  It's truly amazing that people continue to bite on this stuff.

15 hours ago, Jason said:

North Korea has already backed down from their aggressive rhetoric and made some conciliatory overtures.

Trump's tweet this morning in response:

Very good news to receive the warm and productive statement from North Korea. We will soon see where it will lead, hopefully to long and enduring prosperity and peace. Only time (and talent) will tell!

Trump wishes he had picked somebody else than Sessions for AG, quoting Trey Gowdy who was interviewed on CBS this morning:

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump ....There are lots of really good lawyers in the country, he could have picked somebody else!” And I wish I did! 8:47 AM - May 30, 2018

Edited by fan_since79

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump wishes he had

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump ....There are lots of really good lawyers in the country, he could have picked somebody else!” And I wish I did! 8:47 AM - May 30, 2018

I-dont-believe-you.gif

17 minutes ago:

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Trump wishes he had picked somebody else than Sessions for AG, quoting Trey Gowdy who was interviewed on CBS this morning:

I think the rest of us agree with him on this

31 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

17 minutes ago:

Bob Iger of ABC called Valerie Jarrett to let her know that “ABC does not tolerate comments like those” made by Roseanne Barr. Gee, he never called President Donald J. Trump to apologize for the HORRIBLE statements made and said about me on ABC. Maybe I just didn’t get the call?

I'll take "babies" for $1000, Alex.

Heartwarming post, FS79.