• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Cops are never off-duty.  If he is in street clothes and finds evidence of a crime he has to report it.  That is what basically happened here.

lol so he was just minding his own business and evidence suddenly appeared in front of him? 

Search warrants have limitations for a reason. 

6 minutes ago, Lou said:

That's not necessarily true.

Actually, a better question would this scenario. If they are looking for stolen microwaves (per a warrant) and they find an ounce of coke in a drawer, can they arrest the person for drug possession? 

Yes

if an officer is on your property for a legitimate reason (perhaps pursuing a felon), any contraband that is in plain sight of the officer is fair game to be seized, even without a search warrant.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/illegal-search-and-seizure-faqs.html

btw, I really don't care if any of these lying pieces of shit are nailed by the DOJ. Serves them right (and it's much more entertaining than if they don't)But I do want the investigation to be above board. 

The benifit of nothing coming from the investigation, however, would be Trump's rants of "I told you so!"   

I'm so torn . . . 

Just now, tennischmp said:

Yes

if an officer is on your property for a legitimate reason (perhaps pursuing a felon), any contraband that is in plain sight of the officer is fair game to be seized, even without a search warrant.

http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-rights/illegal-search-and-seizure-faqs.html

Operative words are: "in plain site". A small bag in a drawer is not in plain site. 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Operative words are: "in plain site". A small bag in a drawer is not in plain site. 

ok fine but what does that have to do with what happened today? They got a warrant specifically to raid the guy's office. 

The better scenario is if they are looking for stolen microwaves (per a warrant) and they find suspicion of coke in the residence, can they get a warrant to search for the coke? 

9 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

ok fine but what does that have to do with what happened today? They got a warrant specifically to raid the guy's office. 

The better scenario is if they are looking for stolen microwaves (per a warrant) and they find suspicion of coke in the residence, can they get a warrant to search for the coke? 

The point is that rights should be protected, even if the person is a POS

16 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

What is suspicion of coke? 

"ok fine but what does that have to do with what happened today? They got a warrant specifically to raid the guy's office. "

I was just following your course of dialogue:

1 hour ago, tennischmp said:

cops are going to go a home to investigate child abuse and they see a dead body are they not going to investigate that? 

1 minute ago, Lou said:

What is suspicion of coke? 

"ok fine but what does that have to do with what happened today? They got a warrant specifically to raid the guy's office. "

I was just following your course of dialogue:

Yes my course of dialogue was the comparison to Muller investigating 1 thing and in the process finding some other crime being committed. 

1 minute ago, tennischmp said:

Yes my course of dialogue was the comparison to Muller investigating 1 thing and in the process finding some other crime being committed. 

But you brought up something completely unrelated, so I just followed suit. Mainly to show that warrants are limited in scope. 

Anyways, are we at war yet? 

17 minutes ago, tennischmp said:

I can't say I care enough to research it but do we know what the FBI raided Cohen for?

1 minute ago, Rico said:

These analogies about microwaves and coke don't mean shit.

A federal judge felt the evidence of a crime by Cohen was legally obtained.  Otherwise he wouldn't have issued the warrant.  That is all we know. 

And do we even know if it specifically relates to Trump or are Dems just really hoping it is?