• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

Not if you don’t watch it. I’ve checked out of politics and the market for the last couple of days. It’s been great! Baseball is on tv, I’m busy at work, hell I even porked the wife. 

Time to heat up a Sabatino’s sausage and throw some Trader Joe’s sour kraut on it. Should go good with my beer. 

3 hours ago, LHalo said:

Not if you don’t watch it. I’ve checked out of politics and the market for the last couple of days. It’s been great! Baseball is on tv, I’m busy at work, hell I even porked the wife. 

Time to heat up a Sabatino’s sausage and throw some Trader Joe’s sour kraut on it. Should go good with my beer. 

wait, this is allowed on a weeknight?

15 hours ago, LHalo said:

Congrats on the sex!

What part of Albright piece do we disagree with ? Trump is waving the nationalist banner.  In doing so dangerously enmpowering nationislts in countries with weak institutions.  Nationalism is a great danger to global peace and stability.  That is a fact that has demonstrated itself repeatedly historically. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

What part of Albright piece do we disagree with ? Trump is waving the nationalist banner.  In doing so dangerously enmpowering nationislts in countries with weak institutions.  Nationalism is a great danger to global peace and stability.  That is a fact that has demonstrated itself repeatedly historically. 

I don't think "nationalism" is the issue

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/trump-fought-legislation-requiring-sprinklers-nyc-buildings-article-1.3921642

Nearly two decades ago, Trump, then one of the Big Apple’s most prominent real estate moguls, lobbied against Mayor Rudy Giuliani-era legislation that considered whether sprinklers should be installed in all residential buildings after two fatal fires in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

46 minutes ago, Rico said:

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/trump-fought-legislation-requiring-sprinklers-nyc-buildings-article-1.3921642

Nearly two decades ago, Trump, then one of the Big Apple’s most prominent real estate moguls, lobbied against Mayor Rudy Giuliani-era legislation that considered whether sprinklers should be installed in all residential buildings after two fatal fires in Brooklyn and Manhattan.

He's just a smart businessman who understands the plight of middle America.

In CA apparently if a building is 4 floors (could be more but basing this on how many floors our building is) or fewer there's no requirement to have fire alarms on the upper floors.  I guess the hope is that any fire is slow moving and people on the upper floors get notified in time and get out.  We found this out during the first fire drill in our new building when security had to come up to notify someone that the drill started because the alarms are only on the ground floor and you won't hear them on the upper floors.  I would think the cost to install an alarm at a minimum in the lobby on the upper floors outweighs the risk of someone getting hurt in a fire and the resulting lawsuits.  I realize there's a huge difference between a fire in a sky scraper vs. a 4 story building but it just goes to show that if it isn't required even something simple that could save lives isn't deemed to be worth it by the owners/management.