• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/ap-fact-check-trump-hails-border-wall-start-121234134.html

TRUMP: "Great briefing this afternoon on the start of our Southern Border WALL!" — tweet Wednesday, showing photos of workers building a fence.

TRUMP: "We're going to be starting work, literally, on Monday, on not only some new wall -- not enough, but we're working that very quickly -- but also fixing existing walls and existing acceptable fences." — Trump, speaking the previous week after signing a bill financing the government.

THE FACTS: Trump's wrong. No new work began on Monday or any other time this past week. And the photos Trump tweeted were misleading. They showed work that's been going on for more than a month on a small border wall replacement project in Calexico, California, that has nothing to do with the federal budget he signed into law last week.

The Calexico project that began Feb. 21 to replace a little more than 2 miles (3.2 kilometers) of border wall was financed during the 2017 budget year. A barrier built in the 1990s mainly from recycled metal scraps is being torn down and replaced with bollard-style barriers that are 30 feet (9.1 meters) high.

Ronald D. Vitiello, acting deputy commissioner of U.S. Customs and Border Protection, defended the president's statements, saying Friday "there's construction" underway.

All News services are Fake except for Fox, I suppose?

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On March 28, 2018 at 11:24 AM, nate said:

Hey look, Trump is out there ruining another American company!  He really has done a great job shitting on the economy faster than I ever could have imagined.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-stocks/amazon-sheds-53-billion-in-market-value-after-report-on-trump-threat-idUSKBN1H42HG

lol only you would equate a $700 Billion corporation as being ruined.

pssst Amazon shares were up yesterday. Crisis averted!

Edited by Lou

On March 28, 2018 at 11:25 AM, nate said:

He wants to help his buddies that own malls and other brick and mortar.  Fucking POS is literally doing his best to torpedo thousands of jobs.

On March 28, 2018 at 1:35 PM, red321 said:

I also think Trump can give two shits about the local mom and pop stores, .

image.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Lou said:

lol only you would equate a $700 Billion corporation as being ruined.

pssst Amazon shares were up yesterday. Crisis averted!

Lost some huge $ in market cap since he said it.

rCRafIb.png

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

image.jpeg

Plenty of gigantic businesses in malls.  Most mom and pop can't afford mall rent.

Edited by nate

20 hours ago, Jason said:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2018/04/03/trump-says-military-will-secure-southern-border-until-wall-can-be-built.html

I'm cool with this. Just pull them out of foreign countries we have no business being in first

I say bring them all home, pay them more and let them build the wall.  I know the military can contract a better wall then he ever can and it won't bankrupt after 2 months. 

haven't had a chance to check yet, but the radio this morning was saying that trumpy promised an announcement about the border today via twitter and no one really knew what it was going to be (they were saying it might be related to his declaration to move troops there but they were really just guessing).

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

haven't had a chance to check yet, but the radio this morning was saying that trumpy promised an announcement about the border today via twitter and no one really knew what it was going to be (they were saying it might be related to his declaration to move troops there but they were really just guessing).

My understanding is that there is a legal limitation (The Posse Comitatus Act) on deploying troops within the US borders and what they can and can't do. For example, they can provide logistical support, infrastructure support, etc. but they are not allowed to act in the role of law enforcement unless there are special declarations by Congress or the President. If he has an announcement it's probably something along the lines of declaring an emergency or something similar to try and get around that limitation.

And before someone says...but Bush/Obama. It would appear when they had the military go to the border it was for support type of activities.

The example I read said something along the lines of...military personnel could monitor the border, but if they were to see people crossing illegally they couldn't stop or detain, they would have to call the border patrol to come and make the arrest.

https://www.thoughtco.com/posse-comitatus-act-military-on-border-3321286

yeah...not sure one thing has to do with the other...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/the-caravan-of-migrants-thats-alarmed-president-trump-has-now-stalled/2018/04/03/534b01c2-36aa-11e8-af3c-2123715f78df_story.html?utm_term=.3358e5a01842

http://time.com/5226064/immigrant-caravan-halted-mexico-donald-trump/

The caravan of Central American migrants that angered U.S. President Donald Trump was sidelined at a sports field in southern Mexico with no means of reaching the border even as Trump tweeted another threat to Mexico Tuesday.

“The big Caravan of People from Honduras, now coming across Mexico and heading to our “Weak Laws” Border, had better be stopped before it gets there,” Trump wrote. “Cash cow NAFTA is in play, as is foreign aid to Honduras and the countries that allow this to happen.”

The caravan that once numbered 1,150 or more people actually halted days ago in the town of Matias Romero in the southern state of Oaxaca.

16 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The caravan has stood down after Trump signed the order to send troops to the border.

They will stop right where they are. Circus at the border averted. Instead of being applauded for this, the president will probably be savaged by the media and the Dems.

Applauded for what ? He’s just tossing red meat to his base that gets riled up about this garbage.  As red points out, the guard units being sent to stare at the desert would have just called the border patrol anyway. Pretty sure they would have had a handle on it.  National guard presence or not.  It’s not like that “caravan” was stealthy. 

And i doubt there’s any circus that can match the one that Donald Trump is putting on. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Speaking of riling up a base, you guys really get upset when immigration is spoken of. 

I’m not upset.  I could care less if he sends the national guard to the border.  Better there then most places.  

im just not going to pretend it’s some genius policy stroke.  Who gives a shit.  

20 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

I bet California won't even comply.

I think that is the whole point of this endeavor. The administration has continually sought to stoke division. How much more divisive can you get than having Democrat governors refuse to deploy their national guard to the CiC? Trump could I believe federalize the troops but I doubt he has any interest in that. It's all about the optics.