• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On 3/26/2018 at 12:38 AM, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Gun Maker Remington Seeks Bankruptcy Protection

Private equity-backed gun maker is facing a heavy debt load, falling sales and lawsuits tied to Sandy Hook school shooting

By
Lillian Rizzo

Updated March 25, 2018 10:02 p.m. ET

Firearms maker Remington Outdoor Co. sought bankruptcy protection Sunday, in the face of a heavy debt load, falling sales and lawsuits tied to the Sandy Hook school shooting.

Remington filed for chapter 11 protection in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Wilmington, Del., with plans to hand over control of the company to its creditors

Why would they be sued after Sandy Hook? Lanza didn’t even use one of their weapons.

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

Why would they be sued after Sandy Hook? Lanza didn’t even use one of their weapons.

I don’t think it’s was specifically a sandy hook related law suits.  I think that sandy hook is one of the multiple reasons that legal action was brought against a bunch of manufacturers.  Even though the article specifically mentions sandy hook. Could be wrong. 

I do tend agree that it’s tough to hold gun manufacturers liable.  Though, that’s just on the face of the issue.  I don’t know what the specific content of the lawsuits are. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

13 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t think it’s was specifically a sandy hook related law suits.  I think that sandy hook is one of the multiple reasons that legal action was brought against a bunch of manufacturers.  Even though the article specifically mentions sandy hook. Could be wrong. 

I do tend agree that it’s tough to hold gun manufacturers liable.  Though, that’s just on the face of the issue.  I don’t know what the specific content of the lawsuits are. 

He probably used Remington ammo 

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Look, I am for free enterprise, if businesses cannot adapt, then they may just fail.

I do find it interesting that when Wal-Mart was "putting mom and pop stores out of business" that the right didn't seem to care and the left seemed to care a lot.

I think there are legitimate concerns about Wal-Mart, just as I think there are some legitimate concerns about Amazon and how they impact local/small businesses.

I also think Trump can give two shits about the local mom and pop stores, though it plays well on tv (much like the clean coal/war on coal boondoggle).

I think you probably have a few things, one being the aforementioned Bezos owned Washington Post is one of his fiercest critics (see At&T/TimeWarner merger being contest in large part to punish CNN) and I wouldn't be surprised if some of his "advisors" are having their big box stores take a beating.

3 hours ago, nate said:

Hey look, Trump is out there ruining another American company!  He really has done a great job shitting on the economy faster than I ever could have imagined.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-amazon-com-stocks/amazon-sheds-53-billion-in-market-value-after-report-on-trump-threat-idUSKBN1H42HG

3 hours ago, nate said:

He wants to help his buddies that own malls and other brick and mortar.  Fucking POS is literally doing his best to torpedo thousands of jobs.

Man, you're really under a trance.

Trump's self interest in attacking Amazon is obvious. But there was also a time with the Democratic party would have been wary of the dominance Amazon is attaining. And the company's questionable to abhorrent treatment of its workers would have certainly drawn its ire. Those days seem to be gone. I am curious on how and why this dramatic shift has happened so quickly.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

Trump's self interest in attacking Amazon is obvious. But there was also a time with the Democratic party would have been wary of the dominance Amazon is attaining. And the company's questionable to abhorrent treatment of its workers would have certainly drawn its ire. Those days seem to be gone. I am curious on how and why this dramatic shift has happened so quickly.

Same here. I think some of it may because the people that are treated as such by Amazon are essentially faceless. Out of sight, out of opportunity for publicity. Also, they (Amazon) are very quickly moving on eliminating as many human employees as is possible. 

Death of blue collar. Starbucks is already working on eliminating Barristas. It's not like they do much more than push a button that automatically grinds, packs, and dispenses coffee. All of the other drink combinations can be built into computer activated Assembly line with customer kiosks. 

dc3d1e86464d5d5f1c2670ee15a9c056.jpg

On the list of things I care about with Trump, the wall is near the bottom. I’ve said it many times on here.  I think it’s(the wall) retarded.  But it’s a thing he plainly ran on and he won.  So, build the stupid wall.  That’s democracy I guess.  He certainly made the tweet to assuage the freak outs that his base of voters have been having since the budget was approved.

Theres nothing dishonest about the report in the clip.  If it wasn’t Trumps intention to imply that the wall was being started he should not have tweeted construction pictures along with a message about the start of the wall. 

Edited by UndertheHalo