• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

The only good reason I can think of for the Bolton hiring is for negotiating power with NK. Kind of like "This guy sitting next to me wrote an article about how we can nuke you. Don't fuck with me."

Other than that, yeah it sucks.

You can’t really think that fucking Bolton intimidates the North Koreans.  Come on man. 

You guys are saying yourself that he loves war, and I don't disagree with you. Showing NK that this guy is in Trump's ear gives them some pause at the very least.

Bolton can’t start a war by himself.

Edited by UndertheHalo

2 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Of course not, but again, it shows that there's a voice at the table who really wants to lay waste to pretty much half of the eastern Continents.

I think that has some negotiating value.

Perhaps, but it seems to me that the president doesn’t really need John Bolton to convince the North Koreans that he’s dangerously unpredictable. 

Well that's a nice pivot.

I think it's highly doubtful he hired Bolton to improve upon his legacy, that's all.

Pivot? I think Trump wants to be mentioned in history books for the foreseeable future. Bolton helps him in that regard.

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Bolton can’t start a war by himself.

No, but he can certainly have significant influence on someone who is acting more and more unhinged as time goes by. Think about this, Trump literally will tweet in response to Fox & Friend segments, change is stated position based on Steve Doocy talking to him through the tv tube...now think about Bolton directly face to face. As little a fan of John Kelly as I am...word is starting to trickle out that Trump is considering removing kelly and replacing him with...himself. At that point you are talking about the worst of the worst having direct and unfettered access to Trump.

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

No, but he can certainly have significant influence on someone who is acting more and more unhinged as time goes by. Think about this, Trump literally will tweet in response to Fox & Friend segments, change is stated position based on Steve Doocy talking to him through the tv tube...now think about Bolton directly face to face. As little a fan of John Kelly as I am...word is starting to trickle out that Trump is considering removing kelly and replacing him with...himself. At that point you are talking about the worst of the worst having direct and unfettered access to Trump.

Trump gets his foreign policy from watching Fox and Friends, as well as his cabinet.

28 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm pretty sure he already has a legacy before Bolton.

Yes, but to this point that legacy politically is:

1) to intentionally piss off people like me

while

2) having people like you slurp up his goo (partially due to #1)

so that he can

3) maneuver to further enrich himself.

Starting an actual war would put him in areas of the history books that he thus far hasn't touched.

19 minutes ago, red321 said:

I think Bolton is a disaster.  I was just disputing the idea that Bolton was brought on as a tool to intimidate NK.  I’m very certain that Trump believes In Bolton’s world view and will seriously consider his advice. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Yes, but to this point that legacy politically is:

1) to intentionally piss off people like me

while

2) having people like you slurp up his goo (partially due to #1)

so that he can

3) maneuver to further enrich himself.

Starting an actual war would put him in areas of the history books that he thus far hasn't touched.

And appointing a Supreme Court Justice, and reducing the tax burden of every day Americans, and ditching a terrible trade deal like TPP, and ending the individual mandate, and beginning deregulations, and virtually putting an end to ISIS, and....

11 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Bolton is a disaster.  I was just disputing the idea that Bolton was brought on as a tool to intimidate NK.  I’m very certain that Trump believes In Bolton’s world view and will seriously consider his advice. 

Trump's views have actually completely contradicted Bolton's in the past. Best example is the Iraq war. Trump has been against it, while Bolton is a fan.

16 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Tucker Carlson Explains Why White People Aren’t ‘Designed’ to Live Around Immigrants

I expect Carlson will replace Ben Carson as secretary of Housing and Urban Development any time now. He has the prefect resume he works at Fox (Trump Propaganda) Fake News service.

That has to be the worst written article i've ever read.