• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

56 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use accidentally discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety.

noun: accident; plural noun: accidents
an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

He was trained and he still discharged his weapon. Sounds like the very definition of accident to me.

I repeat what I said. The dude knows fuck all about safety.

If you know how to handle your gun properly it will never, ever discharge unless you intend it to.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If you know how to handle your gun properly it will never, ever discharge unless you intend it to.

I agree except that guns are a mechanical object that can break or malfunction like anything else. That is why gun safety stresses keeping the muzzle pointed in a safe direction and handling every gun as if it were loaded. This guy's finger wasn't even on the trigger. Also don't buy piece of crap, cheap guns.

1 hour ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

If you're confident of that, why do we not point guns at people even if our fingers aren't on the trigger?

17 minutes ago, Kevin said:

If you're confident of that, why do we not point guns at people even if our fingers aren't on the trigger?

Because it's good practice.

Guns can also go off when dropped so that i'll definitely say happens by accident, most pistols have mechanical protections in place for it though.

My personal opinion is that you shouldn't carry with a round chambered. That pretty much eliminates the risk entirely.

3 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Because it's good practice.

Guns can also go off when dropped so that i'll definitely say happens by accident, most pistols have mechanical protections in place for it though.

My personal opinion is that you shouldn't carry with a round chambered. That pretty much eliminates the risk entirely.

Then you shouldn't carry at all. 

22 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

It takes less than a second to rack a slide as you pull it out of your holster.

The chances that I would need that fast of a draw against a threat seem miniscule compared to the risk you're reducing.

At the range yes. Things are much different in a high stress, fight for your life moment. I don't want to worry about loading it or a manual safety in that situation. I want it to go bang the exact moment I need it.

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

At the range yes. Things are much different in a high stress, fight for your life moment. I don't want to worry about loading it or a manual safety in that situation. I want it to go bang the exact moment I need it.

Sure, and that's the way you choose to carry which I respect. I just prefer differently myself.

The high stress is the strongest argument against it, but if you train yourself properly then racking the slide should come naturally.

14 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Sure, and that's the way you choose to carry which I respect. I just prefer differently myself.

The high stress is the strongest argument against it, but if you train yourself properly then racking the slide should come naturally.

i know several people that carry unloaded so yes, it is all preference and what your confident in.

4 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

Gun-trained teacher accidentally discharges firearm in Calif. classroom, injuring student

A teacher who is also a reserve police officer trained in firearm use accidentally discharged a gun Tuesday at Seaside High School in Monterey County, Calif., during a class devoted to public safety.

noun: accident; plural noun: accidents
an unfortunate incident that happens unexpectedly and unintentionally, typically resulting in damage or injury.

He was trained and he still discharged his weapon. Sounds like the very definition of accident to me.

If only there were someone else in that classroom with a gun who could have stopped the teacher from accidentally firing their gun.

In other news, my wife's school district is adopting a new policy that no visitors are allowed on campus without getting approval from the district. That means all parent volunteers will have fill out paperwork and have background checks before they can help out in class parties or other social functions during regular school hours.

It also means I can't bring my wife lunch on days I have off. She needed to lose a couple pounds anyway.

Edited by Blarg

On 3/13/2018 at 1:19 PM, UndertheHalo said:

What’s funny is apparently Donald ran it out twitter before bothering to tell Tillerson. 

Others considered at risk for being fired or reprimanded include Housing and Urban Development Secretary Ben Carson, who has generated bad headlines for ordering a $31,000 dining room set for his office; Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, who has been under fire for his first-class travel at taxpayer expense; and Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, whose agency spent $139,000 to renovate his office doors.

----------------------

Those doors mist be gold plated with emerald door knobs.