• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

19 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Not really. It's like you're calling some people "unsuccessful millionaires."

It's really, really hard to become rich and powerful if you're an idiot.

this just isn't true.  most very wealthy people are actually not self made.  stop deifying people because of their money.

Donald is actually a great example.  He's utterly unspectacular.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 minute ago, red321 said:

“I really believe I’d run in there even if I didn’t have a weapon.” - Cadet Bone Spurs

Anyone who doubts Trump's ability to manipulate I submit this. A liberal mocking someone for intelligently avoiding Vietnam. Strange times indeed.

49 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Not really. It's like you're calling some people "unsuccessful millionaires."

It's really, really hard to become rich and powerful if you're an idiot.

I can't get over how ridiculously stupid this post is given its existence as a response to my post.

The absolute lack of logic that it represents is absolutely astounding.

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

really? I would think time spent (by anyone) on this forum would qualify

Not true. Sometime I forget and wonder why people make the poor choices that they do. I come here and it becomes quite clear and obvious again.

3 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He put a pro coal and an oil man in charge of the EPA. He put a former Verizon executive to head the FCC, who then ended net neutrality. I'm surprised he hasn't made a coroner the surgeon general.

That net neutrality thing really fucked us all up. I'm paying $20,000 a month for dial up now.

Oh wait...

5 minutes ago, LHalo said:

That net neutrality thing really fucked us all up. I'm paying $20,000 a month for dial up now.

Oh wait...

Well.  It hasn’t taken effect yet.  So.  Give it some time.  

I think we’ve found our first Ajit Pai fan guys !

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 minutes ago, LHalo said:

Oh wait...

Oh wait, it doesn't even go into effect until sometime this April.

Who knows what's going to happen. Hopefully all the providers act in good faith and don't obstruct access. It's certainly possible.

So there's that.

23 hours ago, Jason said:

Very true. There is no scenario in which ALL teachers should be armed. That is not the job that they signed up for. Only select teachers should ever have access to a gun in the classroom. As far as armed (non teacher) personnel, that should be increased. I'd like to believe that most would act differently than the resource officer did in Parkland.

there are ~100,000 schools 2 or 3 armed guards per school that's a lot of man power and money. Easier and cheaper to ban assault rifles, bump stocks, and large magazines.

Justices Turn Down Trump’s Appeal in ‘Dreamers’ Case

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/26/us/politics/supreme-court-trump-daca-dreamers.html?mtrref=news.url.google.com&gwh=D1BEEC4663DFC557D878FC4198C5B77C&gwt=pay

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday declined to clear the way for the Trump administration to end the Obama-era program that protects about 700,000 young immigrants from deportation, meaning that the so-called “Dreamers” could remain in legal limbo for months unless Congress acts to make their status permanent.

Of note there hadn't been any legal protection for net neutrality until 2015. And the legal ground those protections came on were shakier than the Angels pitching staff this season. And things had been okay up until now. Not perfect but a definite okay (technical term, you wouldn't understand). However there is plenty of reason to be concerned going forward. With information providers arguably requiring to be a natural monopoly with governmental authority, there is little market pressure to ensure good behavior. If a company is going to reap the benefits of such protections, the government should act as a replacement to the market pressure. 

Just now, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

'I'd Run in There.' Trump Says He Would've Engaged the Florida Shooter Even Without a Weapon

http://time.com/5175857/president-trump-florida-shooting/

You probably think this is bullshit but you would be wrong. You just have to understand how it would play out. Trump would start towards the building as fast as he could. While he was huffing and puffing, taking frequent breaks, the secret service would have already cleared out hostiles and evacuated everyone. So for once he might actually be telling the truth.

15 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

there are ~100,000 schools 2 or 3 armed guards per school that's a lot of man power and money. Easier and cheaper to ban assault rifles, bump stocks, and large magazines.

I'm not sure how think this is a solution. As a father of a middle school aged daughter, I'm more comfortable with armed security as opposed to hoping school violence disappears with the AR-15. The VA Tech shooter killed 32 people with two handguns. A Glock 9mm and a Walther .22 (the smallest caliber you can get). The violence will not magically cease. It doesn't hurt to be prepared for the worst. After all isn't that why FEMA recommends you have disaster preparedness kits? 

12 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

'I'd Run in There.' Trump Says He Would've Engaged the Florida Shooter Even Without a Weapon

http://time.com/5175857/president-trump-florida-shooting/

He has become much braver since 3 times getting deferments from the draft.

He won't even walk into a room full of reporters armed with questions and cameras.

Somewhere, Ben Garrison has a huge erection while drawing a cartoon of Trump tackling Nicolas Cruz.  

Edited by Glen