• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

20 minutes ago, Tank said:

to the victor goes the spoils. 

this has been around since at least andrew jackson's presidency.

True enough, but stuff like this is particularly egregious. 

There are degrees of severity.  With Trump it’s a laughable extreme.  Ivanka, Jared, apparently this guy.  It’s a fucking joke man.   Not even a semblance of qualification. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, UndertheHalo said:

There are degrees of severity.  With Trump it’s a laughable extreme.  Ivanka, Jared, apparently this guy.  It’s a fucking joke man.   Not even a semblance of qualification. 

51 minutes ago, red321 said:

Come on tank. This isn’t making him ambassador to Bermuda or honorary head postmaster of Wisconsin...but the head of civil aviation in the country. 

Do we know anything about this guy's qualifications or are we just assuming he's a schmuck? 

Trump being Trump, i'm sure his personal pilot isn't some dude he pulled off the street.

15 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Do we know anything about this guy's qualifications or are we just assuming he's a schmuck? 

Trump being Trump, i'm sure his personal pilot isn't some dude he pulled off the street.

I’ve seen nothing that suggests he’s anything other then just a pilot.  Which is a great profession.  I’m not sure that qualifies him to be the head of a massive federal department. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve seen nothing that suggests he’s anything other then just a pilot.  Which is a great profession.  I’m not sure that qualifies him to be the head of a massive federal department. 

Well, I mean it is the department of Aviation, which is what pilots literally do. I would think pilots are the expert at that field. Who else would be qualified, some random lawyer or something?

*shrug* It just doesn't seem terribly out of place to me, it looks like an expert of aviation running the department of aviation.

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

And Trump being Trump ? What does that even mean.  You seem to imply that just being around the Donald makes this guy special or something.   Trump doesn’t exactly surround himself with the best and the brightest.  This guy is I’m sure a competent pilot.  I don’t see any reason to assume anything else.

I mean Trump isn't the type to surround himself with schmucks. The people around him are undeniably successful.

And Trump being Trump ? What does that even mean.  You seem to imply that just being around the Donald makes this guy special or something.   Trump doesn’t exactly surround himself with the best and the brightest.  This guy is I’m sure a competent pilot.  I don’t see any reason to assume anything else.

45 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

Well, I mean it is the department of Aviation, which is what pilots literally do. I would think pilots are the expert at that field. Who else would be qualified, some random lawyer or something?

*shrug* It just doesn't seem terribly out of place to me, it looks like an expert of aviation running the department of aviation.

Maybe with some aeronautical engineering background. The job requires a little more knowledge than knowing how to kick a rudder and operate the trims tabs.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

Come on tank. This isn’t making him ambassador to Bermuda or honorary head postmaster of Wisconsin...but the head of civil aviation in the country. 

please understand that i'm not saying i support this nomination.

my point is only pointing out that this kind of appointment is not unique to this president. andrew jackson had his cabinet, but he also had a group of friends that would regularly meet in the WH kitchen to discuss issues and make decisions. it spurred the term 'kitchen cabinet'.

each president during the majority of my lifetime has appointed friends for cabinet positions and to be advisors. this isn't something new and unique. trumpy would be better off leaving his family and friends out of this, imho, especially when you consider they have absolutely zero political experience.

20 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

You guys are always saying he surrounds himself with the elites.

You can't have it both ways, sorry.

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-manafort-bank-fraud-pdf-word-document-2018-2?r=UK

• Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort appeared to have difficulty converting a Microsoft Word document into a PDF, and it was one of the ways investigators found out about his alleged attempts to commit bank fraud.

10 hours ago, UndertheHalo said:

He put a pro coal and an oil man in charge of the EPA. He put a former Verizon executive to head the FCC, who then ended net neutrality. I'm surprised he hasn't made a coroner the surgeon general.

7 hours ago, Rico said:

http://www.businessinsider.com/paul-manafort-bank-fraud-pdf-word-document-2018-2?r=UK

• Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort appeared to have difficulty converting a Microsoft Word document into a PDF, and it was one of the ways investigators found out about his alleged attempts to commit bank fraud.

You described about 75% of government workers. At the very least he knew the difference between PDF and Word which puts him in the upper fifth. 

8 hours ago, Rico said:

Hahaha.

I'm an I.T. guy, trust me when I say that there are a lot of really smart people that have no clue how to change their default printer.

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

I can't get over how ridiculously stupid this post is. 

The absolute lack of logic that it represents is absolutely astounding.

Not really. It's like you're calling some people "unsuccessful millionaires."

It's really, really hard to become rich and powerful if you're an idiot.