• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

14 hours ago, Tank said:

when the alarm sounds, when am i supposed to go get the gun? i'm going to have full of kids who are going to be pissing their pants when the lockdown alarm sounds. not only do i have to get them into the safest place possible, i have to get them quiet, which will be no easy task with a bunch of 12/13 year olds in an emergency. i'm also tasked with helping them as much as possible to be settled down and to follow my directions. i don't think people realize how big of a job this is going to be under those circumstances. leaving them to go to a safe and fetch my glock will directly take me away from them at a time when they're going to need me to be with them every single microsecond. and this is for kids that are older and supposedly more mature.

you know what i did yesterday? i had to talk to my 7th graders about what to do if a shooter came into our room and shot me, then left. Eff that. you want me and the kids to be safe, then build a friggin' fortress around my school so the crazies can't get on campus. hire security guards to intercept them at any point along the way. arming teachers and asking them to turn off their compassion to aim and fire at someone who very likely is a former student is not within the realm of possible for roughly 99.99% of us, especially older teachers.

arming teachers is not the solution to this problem.

Did the school require you to scare the kids, or was it your idea?  Trump was not talking about you arming yourself. You are not a candidate.

Maybe schools should spend more on security and less on solar panels.

23 hours ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He is a trained officer and most probably has been trained for this exact scenario. I'm sorry but even if he was shot that was his job. I'm glad he is no longer a deputy. It seems he didn't mind making $30,000 in over time while just standing around at the school. But when he was actually needed he froze. He has been said to be paralyzed when the shooting started. I wonder what his job was in the Army. Maybe a supply clerk. He deserves to get everything he is getting.

So @Ace-Of-Diamonds what about his backup that never entered the school grounds? 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school.

43 minutes ago, Blarg said:

So @Ace-Of-Diamonds what about his backup that never entered the school grounds? 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/23/politics/parkland-school-shooting-broward-deputies/index.html

When Coral Springs police officers arrived at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida, on February 14 in the midst of the school shooting crisis, many officers were surprised to find not only that Broward County Sheriff's Deputy Scot Peterson, the armed school resource officer, had not entered the building, but that three other Broward County Sheriff's deputies were also outside the school and had not entered.

Some Coral Springs police were stunned and upset that the four original Broward County Sheriff's deputies who were first on the scene did not appear to join them as they entered the school.

If it's proven then they should be fired as well. Apparently the police did go in.

From what I understand the gunman was gone by then anyway. He had already been to Walmart by then.

2 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Did the school require you to scare the kids, or was it your idea?  Trump was not talking about you arming yourself. You are not a candidate.

Maybe schools should spend more on security and less on solar panels.

Are you legally insane or is it a temporary thing? We plan for fires and earthquakes, and because of the spineless people in society who value owning military weapons over safety, we now have to practice evacuation drills and lockdown procedures with the kids, and that includes talking about "what if" scenarios. I have no doubt that I owe you and your political beliefs a big "thanks!" For putting me and all of my colleagues in this position.

18 minutes ago, Tank said:

Are you legally insane or is it a temporary thing? We plan for fires and earthquakes, and because of the spineless people in society who value owning military weapons over safety, we now have to practice evacuation drills and lockdown procedures with the kids, and that includes talking about "what if" scenarios. I have no doubt that I owe you and your political beliefs a big "thanks!" For putting me and all of my colleagues in this position.

If Mr. Catalina had explained to me what I should do if he gets killed, I would've been crying. Did anybody in your class look upset?

Fires and earthquakes are a little different than your teacher explaining to you that he could be assassinated. 

Poor kids these days.

29 minutes ago, Tank said:

Stop thinking for one moment in time about politics, and think about common sense, which seems to be lacking.

8 minutes ago, yvangelfan said:

And yes, you have been a low information idiot at times, Mr. Bachelor.

Sorry but I did cancel my subscription to Fw:,fw:,fw:,fw:,fw:,Important! Read this if you love America! newsletter and fallen behind the times.

2 hours ago, yvangelfan said:

Stop thinking for one moment in time about politics, and think about common sense, which seems to be lacking.

This isnt about politics with me. I'm a Christian republican who doesn't like kids killing kids. You're drawing inaccurate conclusions on your own.

common sense? Are you kidding me? You're not getting any of my points it seems, nor do you grasp what we have to do in classrooms and schools. You're swinging at low hanging fruit by saying teachers should be armed without consideration of a multitude of issues that will be affected by this. I don't have the time to keep explanaing those ramifications to you.

and the kids are indeed scared today, but not because we talk about what to do. They're scared because they see what kids their age are doing and read about it ad nauseum on social media. They see blowhards like you that aren't willing to do anything to reduce the chance of this problem from entering their doors because of your skewed political beliefs. Talk about a lack of common sense . . .