• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

Ace, I am betting you would piss your pants at the sound of that much gunfire and you have no idea how many gunmen are involved. It's easy to call the man s coward when you weren't there. You weren't faced with your death just around the corner.

That fucktwat Sherriff is making statements from the quiet safety of his office after the fact to make himself sound braver than he really is. How many lone shootouts is on his record? How many times has he been behind a door hearing the sound of a rapid firing rifle and he opened that door and faces it with his pistol and no body armor?

I'm going to put my money on not one single time in his life. The guy is a pompous ass. There is really no excuse for his comments other than trying to cover for their slow response and ignoring repeated complaints about the kid. Deflect blame to one soft target, the security guard that didn't yell yippie ky yay and ran in with his gun blazing like in all those hero movies.

He did not engage and I don't blame him one bit. He had no knowledge of the battleground, the strength of the enemy and what way to approach to be effective instead of just a target himself. The hallway is what they call a kill zone and once he enters it there is no cover. The enemy has all of the advantage.

But keep throwing words out like coward because he wasn't willing to be a fool. Makes you look as tough as that Sherriff.

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

12 minutes ago, Blarg said:

How does he get that rap? The guy can't be every where at all times. You are hanging too much responsibility on one person.

He knew where the shooting was and didn't go in. The 4 star sheriff feels different than you. Officers of the law are the ones that are paid and supposed to run toward danger and not away from it. The coach and teachers that shielded students were braver than the armed officer. It is indefensible I'm sorry you can't see that.

40 minutes ago, arch stanton said:

For the superintendent to say that was his purpose for being there doesn’t make sense. Surely they didn’t send a single 54 year old with a sidearm to prevent mass shooting events. If he’s negligent in something it’s letting the kid walk in with a rifle and pull an alarm. 

you weren't there. you haven't seen the video the sheriff has.

http://www.miamiherald.com/opinion/editorials/article201706694.html

On Thursday, came another blow that the resource officer spent four minutes paralyzed outside the building as death and mayhem raged.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

How does he get that rap? The guy can't be every where at all times. You are hanging too much responsibility on one person.

My point is only that the purpose of having law enforcement on campus should be to keep non-students out, not to return fire once he saunters in starts shooting

5 hours ago, Blarg said:

Ace, I am betting you would piss your pants at the sound of that much gunfire and you have no idea how many gunmen are involved. It's easy to call the man s coward when you weren't there. You weren't faced with your death just around the corner.

I didn't in Vietnam. You have no idea want I would do but it sounds like we know what you would do.

The point I believe is missing is mass shootings have now left the boundaries of schools (that is where a majority of shootings happen, I get that). Besides schools, we have them at malls, churches, concerts, movie theaters etc. I think we have a bigger problem than "solving" a portion of it by arming teachers. 

Is the usher that tears your ticket at the movies going to be called upon to save you at some point? Just seems like trying to put a band on an amputated limb. 

Multiple things need to be addressed and fixed along with gun question. 

3 hours ago, arch stanton said:

My point is only that the purpose of having law enforcement on campus should be to keep non-students out, not to return fire once he saunters in starts shooting

Why give them a gun? Why would Trump want to arm teachers, if he didn't expect the police to return fire? Makes no sense. You are the wrong side of this. The sheriff said that was the exact reason he was there.

Even the cops don’t run into every situation guns blazing.  He’s obviously probably not the guy for the job.  But this guy is being vilified.  It’s not right.  It’s a perfect example of why the “good guy”with a gun fantasy is bullshit.  Most of the time in these scenarios it doesn’t matter.  The damage is done very quickly. These aren’t simple situations. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

7 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Even the cops don’t run into every situation guns blazing.  He’s obviously probably not the guy for the job.  But this guy is being vilified.  It’s not right.  It’s a perfect example of why the “good guy”with a gun fantasy is bullshit.  Most of the time in these scenarios it doesn’t matter.  The damage is done very quickly. 

It lasted 4 minutes which is a long time when your being fired at. Even if it took him 2 minutes to arrive a shoot the  killer, he may have save a dozen lives.

4 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

×It lasted 4 minutes which is a long time when your being fired at. Even if it took him 2 minutes to arrive a shoot the  killer, he may have save a dozen lives.

Or the guy lights him up immediately.  Or he accidentally shoots innocent people.  We have no idea how this plays out.   We’re talking about a 4 min window.  Also, it’s a large campus.  How do you know it takes 2 mins the find and engage the maniac.  The guy didn’t make a good decision under intense pressure in a span of literally minutes with very little information.  Again, probably not the guy for the job but how many people would have preformed much better ?  It’s a terrible and bad situation.  Cops fuck up all the time man.  Being human has its flaws. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Or the guy lights him up immediately.  Or he accidentally shoots innocent people.  We have no idea how this plays out.   We’re talking about a 4 min window.  Also, it’s a large campus.  How do you know it takes 2 mins the find and engage the maniac.  The guy didn’t make a good decision under intense pressure in a span of literally minutes with very little information.  Again, probably not the guy for the job but how many people would have preformed much better ?  It’s a terrible and bad situation.  

He is a trained officer and most probably has been trained for this exact scenario. I'm sorry but even if he was shot that was his job. I'm glad he is no longer a deputy. It seems he didn't mind making $30,000 in over time while just standing around at the school. But when he was actually needed he froze. He has been said to be paralyzed when the shooting started. I wonder what his job was in the Army. Maybe a supply clerk. He deserves to get everything he is getting.

25 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

I didn't in Vietnam. You have no idea want I would do but it sounds like we know what you would do.

No, you don't know what I would do in that situation and neither do I. Glad I wasn't in the position to choose.

The difference between us is I'm not faulting the guy for not committing an act of suicide to appease a public that sits on it's ass and Monday morning quarterbacks.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

No, you don't know what I would do in that situation and neither do I. Glad I wasn't in the position to choose.

The difference between us is I'm not faulting the guy for not committing an act of suicide to appease a public that sits on it's ass and Monday morning quarterbacks.

I wouldn't fault anyone but a law enforcement officer, because that was the reason he was there. He knew the risks when he took the job. Obviously he wasn't the right man for the job. The unarmed coach was a better man than the cop.

3 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

He is a trained officer and most probably has been trained for this exact scenario. I'm sorry but even if he was shot that was his job. I'm glad he is no longer a deputy. It seems he didn't mind making $30,000 in over time while just standing around at the school. But when he was actually needed he froze. He has been said to be paralyzed when the shooting started. I wonder what his job was in the Army. Maybe a supply clerk. He deserves to get everything he is getting.

I’m mostly with you on this topic man but you’re being pretty unreasonable here.  The guy didn’t preform great.  That doesn’t make him a contemptible gutless rat.  Even a swat team suddenly surprised by this situation wouldn’t have shut it down in 5 mins or less.  

This guy is probably just hanging out and shit goes down.  Let’s try and have a realistic perspective here.  It’s not like he was in a hallway with the guy and hid in a locker.  He didn’t aggressively seek to engage maybe several shooters in 4 mins.  That was his mistake.  

1 minute ago, the dude abides said:

Trump calls Parkland school deputy a 'coward'.

A bit hypocritical coming from Cadet Bone Spurs, no?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/02/23/trump-calls-parkland-deputy-who-failed-stop-school-shooting-coward/366520002/

The president is a piece of shit.