• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

On February 20, 2018 at 1:33 PM, red321 said:

They also have a morning show hosted by a Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman

and former Republican. He is in no way a conservative voice on msnbc. He was saying that there was no way Trump would win the election and likened his campaign strategy to an athlete who trained for the Olympics by playing X-Box. 

He went as far as saying Trump didn't want to win. 

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

On March 11, 2016 at 4:08 PM, Geoff said:

I've been in Chicago all week on a business trip.  Locked up in a conference room from 8:30am to 6:00pm.  Wheeeee!!!  

I walk back to my hotel, thinking about what I'm going to have for dinner.  I've done the ribs thing.  I've done the pizza and pasta thing.  I'm ready for a steak!  A steak with a big baked potato.

So, I approach my hotel room and there's a riot ... errrrrr ... demonstration going on because apparently Trump is in town and the BLM folks aren't happy about it.  I was fortunate enough to slip into the hotel without being beaten .... errrrrr ... handed a flier by the BLM.  

Look like I'll be having room service.  Thank Trump!

dick

He said you're welcome 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

The scripted Trump always appears to be a better person than the twitter Trump 

...except for listening to him talk.  My god, when he's on a script it sounds like he's laboring up a hill.  Weird pauses all over the place.

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

...except for listening to him talk.  My god, when he's on a script it sounds like he's laboring up a hill.  Weird pauses all over the place.

That's pretty common with script reading. That's why good actors get paid serious money. It's really hard and takes years of practice. It's depressing we hold our politicians to this standard because it generally means we reduce the subset of people we elect to the rather small percentage who are good at reading scripts. Trump, who has made his living conning people on the fly, being the rare exception.  While I'd rather not elect anyone like Trump again, we could stand a few who aren't so strong on the public speaking front. 

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

That's pretty common with script reading. That's why good actors get paid serious money. It's really hard and takes years of practice. It's depressing we hold our politicians to this standard because it generally means we reduce the subset of people we elect to the rather small percentage who are good at reading scripts. Trump, who has made his living conning people on the fly, being the rare exception.  While I'd rather not elect anyone like Trump again, we could stand a few who aren't so strong on the public speaking front. 

He always seems like he's out of breath and energy after every five words, and has to pause to catch up.

3 minutes ago, Glen said:

He always seems like he's out of breath and energy after every five words, and has to pause to catch up.

It's completely unnatural for him to read anything prepared. Yet when he is speaking off the cuff and saying whatever comes to his mind that particular second it's a completely different presentation. Think of Cher in the opening classroom scene of Clueless in the debate. 

Just now, Make Angels Great Again said:

Regular law abiding citizens aren't a militia. We don't really have a militia at all.

But we need well regulated gun laws. You are they ones citing the second amendment and that's what it says. You can't have it both ways. You cherry pick the parts you like and discard the parts you don't.

17 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

The second amendment mentions a well regulated militia. There is nothing well regulated about guns at the moment.

As if the seemingly eternal question of the third portion of the amendment being derived from or independent from the first portion has been settled. Or for that matter ever could be settled definitively so.

28 minutes ago, Ace-Of-Diamonds said:

But we need well regulated gun laws. You are they ones citing the second amendment and that's what it says. You can't have it both ways. You cherry pick the parts you like and discard the parts you don't.

It says a militia should be well regulated.

Doesnt say anything about the right to bear arms should be well regulated, in fact it says the opposite.

1 hour ago, Thomas said:

It's completely unnatural for him to read anything prepared. Yet when he is speaking off the cuff and saying whatever comes to his mind that particular second it's a completely different presentation. Think of Cher in the opening classroom scene of Clueless in the debate. 

I tried to think of that scene and then I remembered I'm not gay, so yeah. 

How about Wil Ferrell in the debate scene at the end of "Old School?"

9 minutes ago, Glen said:

I tried to think of that scene and then I remembered I'm not gay, so yeah. 

How about Wil Ferrell in the debate scene at the end of "Old School?"

First emphasizing your sexuality presence based on a movie that is best remembered for a naked Will Ferrell is questionable. Especially compared to one with the eye candy that was Clueless. But worst is giving an example of a well structured speaking style, which is the exact opposite to Trump.