• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

2 minutes ago, Tank said:

just like msnbc.

I don’t know enough about msnbc.  But I don’t doubt it. 

I think CNN is fine when Don Lemon isn’t on. BBC and Reuters are fine.  I use to really like Al Jazeera America.  But for obvious reasons that didn’t work out.  2 bad, they did really good work. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

5 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I don’t know enough about msnbc.  But I don’t doubt it. 

I think CNN is fine when Don Lemon isn’t on. BBC and Reuters are fine.  I use to really like Al Jazeera America.  But for obvious reasons that didn’t work out.  2 bad, they did really good work. 

i brought up msnbc because they're equally as biased as people accuse fox news of being. 

it's a fascinating dynamic to me around here and really everywhere. the news is frequently so heavily left-leaning, but one single right-leaning station comes around and people lose their collective mud over it, as if the balance of honest reporting news stations has been irreparibly harmed and that all other remaining news gatherers are nothing but fair and impartial. nothing could be further from the truth.

15 minutes ago, Tank said:

i brought up msnbc because they're equally as biased as people accuse fox news of being. 

it's a fascinating dynamic to me around here and really everywhere. the news is frequently so heavily left-leaning, but one single right-leaning station comes around and people lose their collective mud over it, as if the balance of honest reporting news stations has been irreparibly harmed and that all other remaining news gatherers are nothing but fair and impartial. nothing could be further from the truth.

I'm sorry...but that's not true.

Does MSNBC have a liberal slant, especially during the evening hours. Of course. They also have a morning show hosted by a Joe Scarborough, a former Republican congressman and a weekend show hosted by Hugh Hewitt. I would also argue that they aren't close to being in lock step with the Democratic party as compared to Fox News. Hell, look at the Nunes memo which was pretty clearly coordinated with not only the white house, but Hannity.

I would also take exception to the idea that the general news is heavily left leaning. That certainly has been the mantra from the right for decades, but the reality is far from that and a lot of news organizations will go out of there to try and even out negative reporting by equivocating and trying to give examples where the other side might have done something similar in the past.

okay, red, fair point. maybe someone who watches and understand these issues better than i can address it in a better way than me.

when i've watched the straight out news broadcasts, they all seem pretty middle of the road. however, when it comes to commentary (for every hannity on the right there's a maddow on the left), i think the left-leaning news teams far outweigh the right. that's perhaps a more accurate comparison than just the simple reporting of the main stories of the day. 

37 minutes ago, Tank said:

We probably disagree on this but imo Fox’s toxicity is on it own planet.  I think well intentioned people like you want to see things as even but it’s just not true.  There’s a difference between having op ed guys who talk about things leaning one way or another.  It’s another to constantly and plainly fabricate things.  To have very clearly tailored headlines.  Theres a Fox News reality on just about any item.  Like I said, I don’t know much about MSNBC but I’ve never scrolled google news and seen headlines from them that are completely different from just about any other news outlet. 

I don’t think any institution has been more damaging or corrosive to this country then Fox News has been in the last 25 years.  It’s effect has been incredibly damaging to our national discourse.  And let’s not pretend that they’re the only ones.  The conservative media sphere is massive.  Fox gets tons of eyeballs.  Breitbart gets tons even that fucking lunatic Alex Jones.  You would be shocked by the reach that his site has. 

5 hours ago, Geoff said:

Yeah, that Morning Joe show is really in lockstep with Trump and the GOP.

Until Scarborough got butt-hurt over some tweet, Joe and Mika were in competition with Hannity over who was Mango's favorite taint washer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/morning-blow-how-joe-and-mika-became-trumps-lapdogs-20160223

3 hours ago, the dude abides said:

Until Scarborough got butt-hurt over some tweet, Joe and Mika were in competition with Hannity over who was Mango's favorite taint washer.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/morning-blow-how-joe-and-mika-became-trumps-lapdogs-20160223

Their taint washing was to drive the notion that there was an actual race.  And that would drive ratings.

Everyone is under the delusion that these cable outlets are there to provide news.  They're not.  They're there to get ratings.  You can't get rating during a presidential race unless there's an actual race.  And that's what most of the CNN and MSNBC shows (save the uber left hosts) promoted ... "look at the chinks (setting down Adam) in Hillary's armor."  "Trump has a chance."  They never actually believed it, but they drove the narrative.

Today they're so focused on what the Russians did that might have contributed to Trump winning, but are completely silent on what their own contribution was.  Now you watch these channels and it's like they're trying to atone for what their sins.  Going uber anti-Trump. 

Now, does he deserve it?  Maybe/Probably.  But he did before too.

6 hours ago, the dude abides said:

taint washer will be the name of my next band.

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Let's give it a second.

Hey, @Make Angels Great Again, it's your time to shine.

Give him a day or so.  He's trying to figure out where all of his friends went.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/news/2018/02/21/trump-supporters-conservatives-rage-over-russian-bot-purge-twitterlockout/359291002/